RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is an 06, but this should be same on all. I purused for hours and picked people's brains. This work was a mix of everything I found in various forum posts and scattered online, just couldn't find one dedicated thread that 100% satisfied my questions.

This is what worked for me and everything is working flawlessly. You can also see my post about it on the Facebook page.

blaster x all done. I did some custom work on the relay side of things. I wanted to keep factory options but still get the benefit of the led relay so I have normal blinking speeds.

I found that the red wire goes to the brown wire in the factory plug and the black wire to the brown/white wire on the factory plug.

Usually you just remove the factory relay and plug the led relay into these two spots and you're done. However you can/will lose your factory functions like auto cancel, etc. I did find where you could de pin them out of the plug then plug in the led relay, leaving the factory relay plugged into the remaining plugs in the factory plug.

Here is what I did:
I chose to de pin the two wires and I got new female push connectors and then cut the wires on the harness and on the led relay. Then I twisted both wires together and crimped them in place together and pushed them into the plug with factory relay still on.

I now have proper blinking speed and everything still functions like factory (I'll update about auto cancel as I haven't fully tested that yet).

Got it all put back in and it is all good to go! So excited. Now to play with the settings. Constant strobe braking sounds delightful.... for me lol (if they have s seizure, that means they at least saw me right?).

Attachments

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Great work! I bought the relay years ago and never installed it, just lived with fast flash, didn't want to lose the self cancel even though I never use it. I might have to install it now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,532 Posts
Auto cancel isn't going to work .... though I've been known to be wrong before
The Denso 5-wire flasher and the proprietary OEM turn signal switch is unique to the Yamaha cruisers. Your current configuration will not allow the holding circuit in the flasher to drop out and cancel the signals. You'll need to cancel the T/S's manually by pressing the T/S Button as you're currently doing!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Auto cancel isn't going to work .... though I've been known to be wrong before /forums/images/smilies/wink.gif /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
The Denso 5-wire flasher and the proprietary OEM turn signal switch is unique to the Yamaha cruisers. Your current configuration will not allow the holding circuit in the flasher to drop out and cancel the signals. You'll need to cancel the T/S's manually by pressing the T/S Button as you're currently doing!
I had a thinking it wouldn't, BUT I did read on some deep diving into forums from years prior... that it did still continue working. I've never had a bike with auto cancel, so I do cancel manually anyways... which is funny because I always forget to cancel it, but on my friend's BMW WITH auto cancel, i remember.... and never let it auto cancel lol

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great work! I bought the relay years ago and never installed it, just lived with fast flash, didn't want to lose the self cancel even though I never use it. I might have to install it now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Personally I have never used auto cancel, never had a bike with it.... that I'm aware of lol. But I always forget until someone on comms is like hey Aaron... you ummmm... gonna turn your blinker off? 😂😂😂😂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts