RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
The bikes look good, and the price seems good too. I have not heard of them, but I just started researching 280 kits myself. I hope someone back in the midwest can give some comments.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
I saw one of their Warrior 300 Bolton Kits on eBay, auctioned by an user...
Personally, I'm very happy with my decission to get a G&S Cycles 280 custom kit. Eric is a great mechanic.

That is just me, no bashing intended in any way to those good folks who probably put a lot of work into their products.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Blue Steel Custom & Tricky Air Billet are somehow connected. When I sent my TAR in for service this summer I talked to the owner & I think it may be his brothers shop. He recommended BSC to me for wide tire kits. Great guy. We blabbed for about 30 minutes about bikes & cars. Whenever I hit the lotto like the rest of you guys I may sent my bike that way. TAR springer looks totally boss IMHO.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I see the pricing for the swing arm and fender, but what does it cost to mod the standard wheel to the larger sizes? Nice looking kits and look like they are made good.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought it was $500 to widened a wheel.

Anyhoo, I like how their kits are setup. The rear wheelis truly centered to the frame with the use of the shaft extension. This is one of the major reason why most of the kits out there are offset to the right.

What I want to know is how thick is the tube they used for the swingarm?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Another thing to think about is that there is no caliper attachment on the right side, so you are almost forced to go with their rotor/pulley combo setup. Better looks, but additional cost.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
rdarnitall said:
Another thing to think about is that there is no caliper attachment on the right side, so you are almost forced to go with their rotor/pulley combo setup. Better looks, but additional cost.
+1. The 280 kit they sell is $2170. They include:

Fender
Swingarm
Shaft Extension
Yamaha Bearings
Stainless Steel Axle
Chrome 12 point bolts
Raw billet smooth axle covers (Fender Stays)

You cannot use the stock pulley, you will need to use their Pulley ($95.71) and Caliper Kit ($535.7). So far the bill goes to $2800. On top of that you need to add the rear wheel and tire... easy another $1400 ($1100 the wheel if not chromed, chromed is more + $300 the tire).

I actually like the swingarm look, it is slick... I just don't like the way the caliper is designed to break, directly on the pulley. Those pulley screws will destroy in no time the break pads, creating an uneven contact (you can see it in the picture the offset created, the plates are already chewed):

This is the actual Warrior:

You brake on chrome plated pulley? Never heard that before... In real life, the rear brake is like 5% of the full bike breaking power, but is extremely important to control the bike properly on low speeds and slippery situations. The seat needs to be customized to eliminate the big space between
the fender also... Or simply get another custom seat ($400 easy). The stock seat will be too short and too tall.

So
far the bill goes over $4600... Please let me know if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
This type rear brake combinationis commonly referred to as a SPROTER and is available on the aftermarket from Exile, Legends, etc. It's common place on the single sided swing arm(SSSA) being used by PE and others!

Edited:OhioMike'sSSSA

[*]Parts for single sided swing arm & Sproter: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/26901/387685.aspx#387685[/list]

I don't see the problem with the c'sunk screws being an issue as it's the pads that wear rapidly. The current Warrior rotors are rifled with cross drilled holes.

Myimmediate concern with this design is the loss of pad/rotor surface areaand the fact that the caliper body is no longer a 2-pin floatingdesign (from what i can observe) which could possibly cause pedal pulsation because of the rigid mounting.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Teck

thanks for breaking it down like that. Thinkn about ordering a 240 kit from them but now i will think a little harder.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
TECK said:
rdarnitall said:
+1. The 280 kit they sell is $2170. They include:

Fender
Swingarm
Shaft Extension
Yamaha Bearings
Stainless Steel Axle
Chrome 12 point bolts
Raw billet smooth axle covers (Fender Stays)

You cannot use the stock pulley, you will need to use their Pulley ($95.71) and Caliper Kit ($535.7). So far the bill goes to $2800. On top of that you need to add the rear wheel and tire... easy another $1400 ($1100 the wheel if not chromed, chromed is more + $300 the tire).

I actually like the swingarm look, it is slick... I just don't like the way the caliper is designed to break, directly on the pulley. Those pulley screws will destroy in no time the break pads, creating an uneven contact (you can see it in the picture the offset created, the plates are already chewed):

This is the actual Warrior:

You brake on chrome plated pulley? Never heard that before... In real life, the rear brake is like 5% of the full bike breaking power, but is extremely important to control the bike properly on low speeds and slippery situations. The seat needs to be customized to eliminate the big space between
the fender also... Or simply get another custom seat ($400 easy). The stock seat will be too short and too tall.

So
far the bill goes over $4600... Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Last 2 pics posted belongs to a friend of mine. I must say it is a nice set up...!! Def a little more work and cost associated than just bolt on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'll stick in my 2 cents. I have been trying to call the on the phone fpr about a month now and have NEVER managed to get anyone to answer the phone. At least the phone number listed on the sitewith the contact # there. and i've tryed all times of the day.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
darken_rahl03 said:
I'll stick in my 2 cents. I have been trying to call the on the phone fpr about a month now and have NEVER managed to get anyone to answer the phone. At least the phone number listed on the sitewith the contact # there. and i've tryed all times of the day.
Thanks for the update. Some companies start up when the market is hot, but then have close. I don't know if this is the case, but their stuff looked sweet.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Their work is great but not trying to bash them, my buddy had a hard time getting a hold of them as well, sometimes weeks before they responded. From what I heard, the owner had some serious employee issues. For spending that kind of money, I would expect a better line of communiction from them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New to the forum and was surprised to see some chat in regards to the kit I already have on my bike. I spoke with the owner for quite some time - I was actually very surprised at that amount of patience he had over the phone to review and answer all my questions because I had several of them. One thing I did find out was that he was actually in a serious motorcycle accident - the office was shut down for a bit (possibly why you could not reach them).

I was very happy with the kit I received. I have been around custom bikes living in Fort Lauderdale for quite some time and have always wanted the wide tire look. The prices notatedon the price list are different then those on thispost so I would suggest anyone interested to actually check out the website.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same set up on my Yamaha like in the pic with the red bike. The pulley rotor system that they sold me works good - as I have seen that is actually the same set up as all other custom motorcycles I have seen at shows, etc. I talked with one of the guys at Blue Steel as I had the same question on the second pic showing the chrome pulley. What is hard to see in the pic is that behind the pulley is actually a rotor, that is what the calipher is grabbing on to. It's definitely a different style set up but is keeps it clean looking. They do offer other set ups. Really, people need to contact the company if they have questions. It's hard enough these days for anyone in the motorcycle industry to keep things going and we really need to support these companies that are actually putting custom parts out there for us to even choose from.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Evan said:
I have the same set up on my Yamaha like in the pic with the red bike. The pulley rotor system that they sold me works good - as I have seen that is actually the same set up as all other custom motorcycles I have seen at shows, etc. I talked with one of the guys at Blue Steel as I had the same question on the second pic showing the chrome pulley. What is hard to see in the pic is that behind the pulley is actually a rotor, that is what the calipher is grabbing on to. It's definitely a different style set up but is keeps it clean looking. They do offer other set ups. Really, people need to contact the company if they have questions. It's hard enough these days for anyone in the motorcycle industry to keep things going and we really need to support these companies that are actually putting custom parts out there for us to even choose from.

So are you just going to brag or are you going to post some pics?I for one am very interested in seeing the work they did for you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts