RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That stands for Bend Over Here It Comes Again.

I did my research and eliminated as many problems as I could and then took my bike to the dealer, told them what to do. What did they do? Took my bike for 3 days, did absolutely nothing and charged me a hundred bucks for it!
(they told me my fuel map was wrong)

Tell me if my problem sounds familiar:

Bike runs fine until it gets up to temp and then at around 2500-3000 rpm's it cuts out. Below and above that range it runs ok. If you said CPS you are right! I asked the dealer to check the CPS even though it has been done before. They did not even take a peek at it. They simply said my fuel map is wrong and THAT is the problem. (Thanks buddy) Oh, and get this... for an additional 50 bucks they will put the right fuel map on it! Sweet! Really?!

So the question is thus: if I tear in to this thing to check the CPS myself (because they wouldn't), will yamaha give me another one because theirs was broken or is it BOHICA time for me AGAIN?

·
Registered
7,929 Posts
I don't know how it is in Utah, but in Kentucky, it would be "here it comes again". All the dealers I know of only want to sell. Then its over until you want to buy or fight.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
last I checked the CPS recall kit was like $30....I wouldn't sweat it...

On another note, I would have taken them up on the fuel mapping on the condition that they fix the CPS if their map doesn;t get rid of said problem.....

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hey, i just bought that cps kit and if you want it pm me. It's brand new with new screws and all and a lock washer. I dont need it anymore. I'll ship it priority for 22.00 total shipping included.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
mdfdwarrior said:
last I checked the CPS recall kit was like $30....I wouldn't sweat it...

On another note, I would have taken them up on the fuel mapping on the condition that they fix the CPS if their map doesn;t get rid of said problem.....
+1 Yep, Pay em to fix the map and raise heII for a full refund when it doesn't fix the problem. "Thanks for the map I'd like to buy the CPS recall kit now - No thanks, I'll install it myself"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts