RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I put on the Jug Huggers will it still run perfectly like it does now??

What about those Torque cones, should I get them?

Do I have to do the ECU adjust, I hate to mess with it because it runs fine now, no popping or anything unless the big exhaust can is mufffling them.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
When ever you change the pipe, there is a certain amount of adjustment needed to the ECU. If jug huggers are straight pipes, torque cones will give you back pressure so you don't loose your lower end power.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I can't think of too many disadvantages to having torque cones, so go for those if you want LOUD pipes, or a baffle if you want them a little quieter...Either way, you'll retain quite a bit more power than running open pipes. The stock water heater does muffle a lot of popping. Pipes were the first thing I did to my bike over a year ago...The first set I had were Samson short slashers & I didn't have to adjust the ecu after putting them on. I checked the color of the plugs after the first 50 miles and then again after a few hundred miles, and they were a nice light tan. NOTE: This does NOT mean you won't need to bump your ecu a little bit...Aftermarket pipes do cause the bike to run quite a bit leaner than stock, so depending on how your bike was set up from the factory, your climate, etc...You might be a little more to the lean or rich side than other bikes. Worst case scenario...you have to mess with the ecu. It's not scary at all & there are plenty of good instructions about how to do it on here, just write down your starting point and you can always put it back to where you started.
Bottom line: It will run differently with Jug Huggers, but that may not be a bad thing [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] You'll pick up performance & sound, it just may take a little tweaking to make sure you're fuel/air mix is correct. Good luck & happy modding [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
1) Do the ECU. It literally takes 10 miutes, requires almost no mechanical skill, and you can always set it back to stock settings if the bike runs funny (which it won't). If you are running baffled pipes, I recommend a bump of 2-3pts only, if you are running wide open or with torque cones I recommend a bump of 4pts over stock for each cylinder.

After you do the ecu, wait a few hundred miles and check your plugs, or have a mechanic check them, you should know how to do this anyway, and yes it involves removing the tank, but they made it very easy to remove the tank.

2) An AIS block will reduce the popping, but I personally don't mind the popping at all.

3) If you notice a loss of low end torque that bothers you, you can have the torque cones installed...if you don't notice a loss, or if it does not bother you, don't bother with them.

Just get your hands dirty and learn a few things, you will be glad you did!

Chris.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks for the replies. My Warrior is all stock and the exhaust outlet is light gray which, I would think, is exceptionally lean. I do get more than the occasional pop from the muffler.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts