RS Warrior Forum banner

BOOM BABY

1K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Baldy 
#1 ·
Just scooped up a bone stock 04 rs warrior with 1000 miles on the clock, thing looks brand new. Been about 10yrs since I first rode one and fell in love and finally bought one. I just ordered a Churchkey V-BAK, coil relocation kit from Akitadog, AIS delete from Pacific Coast, V&H big shots and a PCV from fuel moto. Took a few thoughts before I hit the pay now button but glad I convinced myself to do it. I'm excited to get those mods installed. When I first got the bike I knew that hand cannon muffler needed to go and I needed to add a few tasteful mods but didn't know where to start. That is til I came across this forum. Just want to give a shout out to all the great recommendations and advice on this forum!

#6 ·
Welcome to the family. Since you're on a shipping spree check out Ivan's ECU flash! Worth every penny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Abd9810
#7 ·
It's now got 1250 on it but what pleasure to ride, cannot wait for my mods to show up! Also yeah I've read about Ivan's Ecu flash, I was curious should it still be done even with the PCV? The wallet took quite the hit so it might be further down the road on something like that, I figured if I gotta pull the tank I really only wanna do that once that's why I sprung for the churchkey and Akitadog and AIS kit. Appreciate the welcome, I'll throw some before and after pics with mods soon.

#9 ·
WOW!! Great Score as she is a beauty for sure. I concur with Sandytows on Ivan's ECU flash. That is probably the most bang for the buck upgrade
you can do. It will transform your RSW into what it should have been from the factory and will compliment what you already have coming in upgrades.
Anyhow...ride SAFE, enjoy and welcome aboard.
Rg

#12 ·
Very nice find!

I agree that you should probably replace the tires. If you don't, be extremely careful as they tend to get harder and have less grip with age, and the Warrior has more than enough power to break loose even a good tire.

You also have TT bars on it. Nice.

#14 ·
In regards to Ivan's flash and a PCV, I think you went the right way with getting the PCV now. It or some kind of fuel controller is needed for the Big Shot pipes even with Ivan's flash. Ivan changes a lot of parameters in the ECU to improve throttle smoothness, power, increase RPMs, and overall driveability. It does not make changes for individual mods like exhaust and intake. I have Ivan's high compression flash on my Flamed Warrior and I do recommend having Ivan reflash your ECU eventually if you want the best ride.

That said, I don't have the reflash on my Spiked Warrior at this point. I just got the PCV installed on it, and it still needs a lot more work. It came with a modified exhaust and no fuel controller and ran way too lean because of it. It needed the PCV (or some other fuel controller).

#15 ·

Finally got around to installing churchkey's vbak, pc, ais delete and coil relocation. What a fun mod project. Ran into a little trouble with a dry rotted fuel line from the tank to the quick connect, next mod will be relocating the fpr and I'm seriously thinking of just running a fuel line straight from tank to fuel pump, just get rid of the quick connect. I know they serve a purpose but I'll just pinch the line off if need be. The bike runs way smoother, way more power and sounds amazing. Thing is a straight ground pounder, love it, completely diff machine, kind of glad I cut my teeth on bone stock so I could have something to compare after the Mods. Cannot say enough good things about the mods I bought, Yamaha, and this forum! My only question is what are some options for aftermarket covers for right and left side? I searched on this forum and for some reason I can pull up posts about it but the pics dont load. I'd prefer to buy something rather than mod something myself although if I do I'm leaning towards a plasma cut out of piston and rods for the left side and possibly a baron cover?? As for now I'm gonna enjoy the bike before I stress about cosmetics. Lastly as for the tires, they appear to be in great shape, no cracks or dry rot so I'm gonna run them and I think this winter I'll send the ecm to Ivan and have him flash it. What a fun machine, its like I have woken the beast!!

#17 ·
You can relocate the resivore under the seat and remove the bracket, might as well have the caliper mod done too. I purchased a new smaller resivore at the bike shop for 10$ it was off the shelf unit for a dual purpose Kawasaki. Tucked nicely under seat. Also did return spring mod to brake pedal, overall a great clean-up

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.