RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Next year will be 10 years years since the first Bash and many have come and gone over the years. The location & date changed and this changed the type of "Bash" we had. Since day one thou, it's had the same goal, get people together and have a great time. We would like to go out with a "bang". For those of you that have said for years that "oh I'll be there this year", here's your chance to plan a year in advance.

I setup a Facebook group, so if you are on Facebook and didn't get a invite, let me know.

Keep same date? Week before Labor day Weekend (Aug 22-25 2013)

Any interest in a Hocking Hills trip? Was thinking the Southerners (Nc, etc) Could either come up on weds or thursday and spend a night in hocking and ride the area.

Ideas of sites to see within a few hour ride?

Any ideas period. Thought we could talk alittle about it before posting the official topic.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
First!

Cedar Point Yeah, Kings Island no... I hate going there.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I will very sparingly be on here. So, please keep me in the loop if anything exciting or big happens! Otherwise, count me in for the entire time as I will definitely take more time off for whatever is going on next year!

If you are talking about going a couple hours away...Hocking Hills area would be a decent idea. Maybe we could just rent a big cabin for 1 night. That shouldn't be expensive if we are talking about a Wednesday night when most schools are already back in session (and all of us chipping in on it). Also, as I mentioned to you over this past weekend, King's Island or Cedar Point are both only a couple hours away from your house. We could spend a day and do that, which would include two decent rides (there and back). If they have it the same weekend next year, we could go to Indy for the Drag Nationals. Try bringing up paintball again! A couple of the guys this past weekend were interested, but it just didn't end up happening. Just a few thoughts...all kinds of time for more suggestions!

Thanks for another great Bash, Bo! I look forward to it again next year!

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will very sparingly be on here. So, please keep me in the loop if anything exciting or big happens! Otherwise, count me in for the entire time as I will definitely take more time off for whatever is going on next year!

If you are talking about going a couple hours away...Hocking Hills area would be a decent idea. Maybe we could just rent a big cabin for 1 night. That shouldn't be expensive if we are talking about a Wednesday night when most schools are already back in session (and all of us chipping in on it). Also, as I mentioned to you over this past weekend, King's Island or Cedar Point are both only a couple hours away from your house. We could spend a day and do that, which would include two decent rides (there and back). If they have it the same weekend next year, we could go to Indy for the Drag Nationals. Try bringing up paintball again! A couple of the guys this past weekend were interested, but it just didn't end up happening. Just a few thoughts...all kinds of time for more suggestions!

Thanks for another great Bash, Bo! I look forward to it again next year!
Yep the Cabin was my thought. Enough of us and the price wouldn't be too bad.

I was fine with Paintball just no one ever really said yes or no. Then there is always the drag strip in La Rue. Jay talked about it but never went any farther.
I also think another reason this weekend is "liked" by others is because we really don't have any monster plans. Hang out, eat & have a few drinks and enjoy not really doing anything. So guess we need to see what we want to do. One major thing seems to be enough.

I'll get a Facebook group made when the new topic gets posted for the Bash.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Sounds nice! I would say I would come but I may be on deployment.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds nice! I would say I would come but I may be on deployment.
You already said you were coming this year and didn't, we weren't holding our breath till next year don't worry.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Bo you coming to Warrior fest in Sept?

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Yep the Cabin was my thought. Enough of us and the price wouldn't be too bad.

I was fine with Paintball just no one ever really said yes or no. Then there is always the drag strip in La Rue. Jay talked about it but never went any farther.
I also think another reason this weekend is "liked" by others is because we really don't have any monster plans. Hang out, eat & have a few drinks and enjoy not really doing anything. So guess we need to see what we want to do. One major thing seems to be enough.

I'll get a Facebook group made when the new topic gets posted for the Bash.
Drag Racing would have cool.... Only problem is Dwight would have to take off his Crocs. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Same date and facebook sound good to me. A stabin cabin in Hocking Hills sounds like a good time too. I haven't missed a Bash yet and I'm not starting now so count me in, no matter what.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First!

Cedar Point Yeah, Kings Island no... I hate going there.
I think Kings Island or Cedar Point would be hard unless say the guys coming from out of state had a extra day and wanted to go. That is a very early trip & late night coming back if you want to get the most out of each place. Would be better trip in a car unless you stay up there.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Drag Racing would have cool.... Only problem is Dwight would have to take off his Crocs. :rolleyes:
Yes and no. The 3 or 4 years that we did go to the drag strip only a few of us even went down the track.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...and they likely would have let him go with his Crocs on! I think somebody (maybe Terry) did it in sandals and without a helmet!
That was only because the "track" people where not the ones taking money and policeing people. It was a donation thing at during those runs, if we did a test and tune they would of smacked the **** out of him.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hopefully you guys keep up with the standard tradition....hang out, meet, greet, ride and have relaxing fun! Ive been stalking this bash for a few years but never could commit due to riding from south texas. Now Im in detroit and was regretting not making this year. Dont count me in just yet but I was hoping to make next years.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hopefully you guys keep up with the standard tradition....hang out, meet, greet, ride and have relaxing fun! Ive been stalking this bash for a few years but never could commit due to riding from south texas. Now Im in detroit and was regretting not making this year. Dont count me in just yet but I was hoping to make next years.
Would be nice to meet you P-wii. Keep us in mind for next year. There are a few guys that ride down from Jackson. Back in the day there was a large group that use to ride down.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Would be nice to meet you P-wii. Keep us in mind for next year. There are a few guys that ride down from Jackson. Back in the day there was a large group that use to ride down.
I really really wanted to get down this year......not to make excuses but i will anyway since i have a few.....I just moved my wife and two girls into a new state and home, new work, and my bike was in pieces(still havent ridden it since repairs).
Now that Im close the ride wont be that bad plus the family will be settled, also since Im closer it wont cost an arm and a leg for the weekend.

plus....it would be cool to be able to shake a few of the hands and put a face to the names that have helped me along the way, oh and nice to meet you also:D

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Ha ha ha. Why should I take my Crocs off !! Just. To go to the DragStrip? Once we get there Josh is going to CRUSH US!!!! Lol!!! Let's have the last Bash in VEGAS!!!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts