RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks!

Been rolling around on a 2000 VStar 650 Custom for the past few years until

two weeks ago a 15 year old kid jumps in Moms Mini van and runs over my bike! :O

Killed my tank, bent my kick stand and broke some side covers... Moms insurance paid $1400

and while ordering a side cover at Broward Motor Sports I see this CRAZY looking bike I'd never even

heard of before.... A 2007 Warrior.

Immediately went home and started digging, and found a bike I fell in love with on Craigs List.

Two days later and I'm searching out mods for it ;)

I wanna say I REALLY appreciate this site because I searched and searched for VStar stuff (parts, used

and aftermarket) and I never found anything. One google search and here I am, Warrior info heaven.

I have LOADS of questions about my bike (what mods can you guys see in my gallery?) as well as

general stuff to get me more familiar with the bike itself.

Oh, and I'm DYING for one of these fat tires!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Anyhow, hi to everyone and thanks for all the info I've already found on here

(RECALLS!!!!) :)

T

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Welcome to the 4M, there is alot of info here. I had the same thing happen to me, when browsing

on the internet for Warrior info most all links brought me here. This is a great site with alot of

good knowledgeable people. I can see your bars,seat, exhaust and rear fender were moded.

As for looking up info check this link http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/115929.aspx

Arizona Warrior put it together andhas alot of helpful links

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the bike. I had a 2002 v-star 650 custom before my warrior.You will love this bike.It is like nothing else out there.I never looked back when I traded it in.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
welcome to the forum.

your right side air scoop is not stock and neither is your "102" cover

I dont think those are stock pegs and you have chrome fork covers

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Welcome....Here's the mods I spot.

Seat, Bars, Risers, Grips, rear fender,luggage rack/fender cover, alternator cover, clutch cover, cam cover, slip on pipe, chrome fork covers, brake light? on the old pipe mount, pegs and brake/shift levers, Chrome fork nut covers....

I think that's it....It's a good start.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
That's a Hard Chrome Xcellerator slip -on muffler (i think)...nice! . You would get more of the natural Warrior feel if you went to stock risers or kept the risers and went with drag bars. And you have lost some of the distinct Warrior styling with that fender/taillight. Other than that you have some nice mods/aftermarket parts on there !! Worth a few bucks too!

How does it sound?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Welcome to the greatest 4m ever! Just a side note. If you paint everything black it will go WAY faster!! LOL. Nice bike bro!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HA!

All my vehicles are black and I was looking to get a black warrior but this one

popped out at me.

The idea is to go black eventually but I'm actually pretty happy with the way it looks now.

It's growing on me. Quick someone rush over with a can of flat blavk paint (I like the harcore roadwarrior look) ;)

Thnks for the warm welcome everyone! I didn't realise there were so many mods already done to my bike! Awesome, I'm partially there! Now I need that fat tire... But at almost $3,000 I think I'll look forward and imagine I'm sitting on a 300 :)

Anyone know what seat I have? it's hard as a rock but keeps it a bit lower which is what I like (my other bike is SLAMMED, which I wanna do to this one).

How does it sound?

Here's a link to the video the previous owner put up with the pictures in my gallery.

http://fastek.cc/warrior/MOV01169.MPG

Question:

It seems to backfire a good bit and FLAMES shoot out when it backfires....

Is that normal????

Thanks again for all the info guys!
T

·
Registered
881 Posts
Wait a minute... This is a forum for Yamaha Warriors?

Ah dag nabit, I knew I should have made a left toin in Albaqoiki!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the site man. I had the samething happen. I wasatthe dealer looking at rocket and saw my 07 Warrior. While looking up info on it I found this place of peace and chaos. Lots of good people here. Hope to see you at WF4......Warrior Fest4...http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/111702.aspx

Shawnzilla said:
Wait a minute... This is a forum for Yamaha Warriors?

Ah dag nabit, I knew I should have made a left toin in Albaqoiki!

Whats a Warrior? I thought we called them soldiers now......

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
TDAQUINO said:
The idea is to go black eventually but I'm actually pretty happy with the way it looks now.

It's growing on me. Quick someone rush over with a can of flat blavk paint (I like the harcore roadwarrior look) ;)

Its a good look. lol

But I am partial to this one...

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
TDAQUINO said:
Question:

It seems to backfire a good bit and FLAMES shoot out when it backfires....

Is that normal????

add a VBAK either churchkeys(member on this site) or PR and remove your AIS. backfire wont stop but should be reduced plus you get the kick in the pants from the vbak

·
Administrator
29,687 Posts
+1.

Nice '03 bike. Also, are those braided stainless clutch and throttle cables, and front brake line?

Ken (A.K.A. Big Shasta) said:
Welcome....Here's the mods I spot.

Seat, Bars, Risers, Grips, rear fender,luggage rack/fender cover, alternator cover, clutch cover, cam cover, slip on pipe, chrome fork covers, brake light? on the old pipe mount, pegs and brake/shift levers, Chrome fork nut covers....

I think that's it....It's a good start.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
You also have Yami mini floorboards and a chrome decomp cover (thing with fins behind the chromed 102 cover). Your seat looks like a Corbin solo. A little hard to tell without a close up. Take the seat off and it should have mfg on bottom of it. Whoever had you bike before you sent some $$ on Yami parts to dress it up. I don't know if a wide tire kit will fit under the fender you currently have, but you can get a stock fender off e-bay or the classifieds here. By the way, welcome and now hide your credit cards before you try to jump start the ecomony on mods. Just kidding, as someone suggested, get a VBAK (velocity big air kit) and you will really be suprised at what these bikes will do with a couple of $$ spend on them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fantastic, lookin' like I got my moneys worth! :)

My seat does look like the Corbin Hollywood Solo.

It's not mushy at all. Is that how Corbins are?

Doesn't seem comfy, we'll see on the first Key West trip.

I'll take some closer pictures of the seat, there's nothing written under it so

I have no idea what it is.

Doing some research on the VBAK, do I need the PCIII if I get the VBAK?

Oh and, as far as being surprised at what the bike will do....

You mean, there's MORE? This bike is a MONSTER! I'm honestly

scared to push it it's so strong. Maybe there are performance mods already done?

Where should I look and what should I look for?

Thanks y'all

T

·
Registered
761 Posts
It takes a while to get used to the torque of The Beast, but it won't be too long before you start wanting just a little more.

Welcome!!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
TDAQUINO said:
Doing some research on the VBAK, do I need the PCIII if I get the VBAK?

Maybe there are performance mods already done?

Where should I look and what should I look for?

you dont have to get a pcIII if you get the vbak. some people do and some dont. the pciii smooths out the fuel curve.if you have the cash just laying around then go ahead and do it. if not, you can wait. there are several people (me) that have been riding around for years with a vbak, pipes and no pciii. do a search for ecu bump. Bumping the ecu up will compensate for the extra air the vbak brings in

either pull the tank or see if you can see up under the tank. if you see a big ugly black airbox then you dont have one. if you see K&N or some other brand cone filters then you do have a bak. if you see the conical filters on top of velocity stacks then you have a VBAK

1 - 20 of 20 Posts