RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I traded in my warrior. Here is the quick story if interested. I got really pissed when the recall started dragging on and on....Yamaha did try and make it right with some bennies! In fact they probably did more than others might have...I hope nobody gets screwed out there... Anyways I felt I would not be happy, and then the increased waiting time, along with the class action and lemon threats just set me off...so I traded in my warrior for a Honda VFR...I will tell you the warrior is a hard swap! I loved that bike. Good power and handling. It was a very comfortable bike for me with a corbin seat. What replaces it? Vrod..too much $$$ VTX... too much wieght and no handling....New Vulcan 2000...same...Meanstreak...lack of power...Being an Ex-sportbiker I went with the VFR/ interceptor, which as most of you know is a sport/tour bike. I already have 1800 miles on it and I love it too. Two very different bikes that accomplish the same thing in very similiar ways. I will tell you that the warrior is/was a great handling bike, not just for a cruiser either!! Anyways thanks for all your input and great times on this forum...I will check in every now and then and maybe I will see you all out there riding.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Good luck...

I think if you love a bike enough you will deal with the headaches. IF your heart is not into a bike, then you will not care as much.... Kind of like a marriage, you try and work things out if you love the girl... or you get a divorce and move on.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
good luck with the VFR, i almost bought one in 02 but got the CBR954 instead. i agree with bismark 100%, the recall sux, but i love this bike more than any i've ever owned and wouldnt think about dumping it. take care bud.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
bermshotbill I might not be far behind you? It all depends on how things go but my bike has been locked up for right at 90 days now and I did not buy it for that. I would hate to see it go because I love the Warrior and there is no other cruiser that is close but I don't think I can live with this for much longer. I am looking at a 2004 ST1300 ABS right now I figure that I will get away from cruisers because as said I think the Warrior is king and stepping down would not be something I want to do. Right now it is in the hands of the courts, the bike is not done and I don't feel comfortable with Yamaha telling me I am S.O.L. as far a warranty goes and am really pissed about not having a ride in prime riding season not to mention 90 days with no bike and no end in sight.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe I(we) should have gone for counseling??? a retreat??? But how; as she could not get out on her own?!?!? Have I betrayed my one and only true love????? Come on guys it is a bike! I traded one nice bike in on another nice bike...One was curvy, voluptous, and loved to growl; the other is slender, sleek, and loves to scream!! Both are sexy!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PS; what is the go-ped under my name?? is that for non warrior owners?? If so that is FUNNY!! I guess I graduated from newbie or ??? to go-ped!! Yahooo

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
sorry to burst your bubble...lol... but Newbie changed to Go-Ped.

hate to be the one that has to break it to you.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Bill it's your life, do whatever suits you. Personally I'm not that caught up in all this recall BS and wouldn't trade out for that reason. Either way you made a nice choice for a new ride. I traded a 98 VFR for the Warrior and I missed it real bad. IMO the 98 is a slightly better machine than the 04 but a great bike nonetheless. Diamon, if my bike were locked up for 90 days during the best riding weather us southeners have I'd have gone ballistic, you have every right to be pissed! I'd sure like the opportunity to meet up with you some day be it on the Warrior or an ST. My brother-inlaw has an older ST and he swears by it. Hang tight and good luck.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Solong bermshot, ride careful and see you out on the highways

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I think if you liked the Warrior enough, you would have trade it for 04. But good luck with your new bike![/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
I think I've put about 3,000 on since the recall was announced, maybe more. My last trip I rode about 500 miles with 10-15psi in my tire (some at 120+). I was freaked out by the thought of it, because I remember it just didn't feel quite right. You know what though? The difference was minor enough that I blew it off as the flat spot in the middle of my rear tire--for over 500 miles.

I have great confidence in this bike, and feel more comfortable with the way it feels & handles than any other cruiser I've been on. I'm not parting with mine.

Good luck with the viffer though. I would seriously consider that bike if they'd just put that 1300 v-four from the ST in it. That baby would scream!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I tried trading mine in at the Yamaha dealer but he wouldn't take it because he couldn't sell it until the recall was done. Nice, huh?

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Good luck man. If I was going to trade, I would have traded to an '04 RSW, but that's just me. Be safe out there. - Jim

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Sorry to hear you're leaving but good luck with the new ride. Can't blame you, I feel much the same way. Only Yamaha did nothing for me when I called! I just cant seem to let go of my Warrior though, so I'm riding it out (literaly) and waiting for my turn, which shouldnt be too much longer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I guess rswarrior members know a great bike when they see one. I have an '03 VFR that I rode while getting through the recall waiting game. I love them both. Is polygamy still a crime???

PS. On the VFR I have Staintune pipes, PowerCommander, Gorilla alarm, HotGrips, Corbin seat, and Heli-bars. 3500 miles and counting. Great ride and killer sound with the new pipes. Always a hard decision as to which one to take out of the barn. The warrior is as good as it gets for cruiser outings, but the viffer rocks in the canyons!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts