RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone have any feedback onbraided lines? I understand the benefits of having the real deal but for purelooks are the fakekits any good? If so are there any suppliers you would recommmend?

Cheers,

P.S.Spokes, I'm might get to that Charity Ride. Hopefully we'll catch up if you are going. Any other Brissy boys going?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
As you would only be using the fake kits for looks thenit all comes done to how well you install them so as they look properly done.
The only ones I have really seen are like a silver wrap that winds around the old lines but I am sure there are better ones.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I would be doing this ride however my Father is coming over from Perth for a visit so I can't really ditch him the second day that he's here.

Hopefully we'll catch up soon.

I will keep you posted as to what rallies and Rides I will be doing in the future (when I am not working on building this bike that is taking forever.)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Old mate said:
Hi All,

Does anyone have any feedback onbraided lines? I understand the benefits of having the real deal but for purelooks are the fakekits any good? If so are there any suppliers you would recommmend?

Cheers,

P.S.Spokes, I'm might get to that Charity Ride. Hopefully we'll catch up if you are going. Any other Brissy boys going?

Hey Old mate, I had a set of braided lines installed by Shaun from www.pommychoppers.com. He's up in Caboolture, QLD. Pretty nice, although not cheap. His contact numbers are in the site.

·
Administrator
30,111 Posts
One great thing about the braided stainless steel brakes lines is the rubber hose can't expand under fluid pressure while braking. When you put a braided line up front, you'll really feel the difference even in everyday braking IMO. I don't have a braided rear brake line, butI'm told itfeels firmer too, but not such a big change, maybe because the rear brake line is shorter.

I went with the Galfer 3-linestainless front brake line FK003D311F which wasn't my first choice but its a great looking piece of equipment with properly chromed fitting ends and coated stainless braid, so now I'm happy I took the advise and bought Galfer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts