RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While riding today, I noticed the caliper bolt had fallen out. I've found the OEM part number, but cannot find the size of the bolt. I do know it is a metric flanged 1" long bolt, not sure of thread size. Does anybody know the size of the rear brake caliper bolt (the one that bolts the caliper to the swingarm)?

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
M10 x 1.50 pitch x 25mm long Flange Head Cap Screw & Heavy Washer to prevent coining of the caliper bracket
  • I'm quite sure that the thread pitch is course 1.5 mm

·
Premium Member
3,255 Posts
Alan to the rescue.
Here is a good little read that has helped before. The part numbers usually tell you the size of the fastener

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's some awesome advice. The part number is 95814-10025-00, so the size is the middle 5 numbers, 10mm bolt, 25mm long.

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
^^^
My .02: be advised that this doesn't work for all fastener P/N's nor does it disclose thread pitch.
For this particular fastener the pitch can vary because it's part of the aluminum fabrication. Be sure the bolt assembles by hand and you'll want to use a heavy (thk) flat washer so you don't coin the slotted hole in the caliper bracket when you torque to factory spec.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts