RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i'm riding the bike yesterday, and i use the hand brake or the front brake what ever you want to call it. So as i'm about to come to a comeplete stop the bike starts vibrating. It seemed like It was comming from the front brakes like they are struggling to stop the bike. Any way so this came and went all day. When i use both brakes it's fine. My questions is what's going on do i need new brakes or just an adjustment?

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Here is the text from a post...not from me. In bold seems to be the best answer. You can get a kit from Yami that replaces the bushings (I think) or just remove the bracket that holds part of the brake lines to the bike.

This issue comes up over and over again, and there have been a number of suggested fixes for this problem. My take is that the vibration is caused by resonance, and any change in the front brake friction or performance will have some kind of effect (better or worse). People have changed brake pads, oil, temperature, made some hard stops, washed the bike, whatever. The best theory I've heard about the root cause is that at a certain friction between the brake pads and front rotors there is a resonance through the fork, front fender and back through the brake lines. Isolating the brake lines from the fender or the fender from the fork seems to fix the problem. Personally, I get away with doing a few hard stops, the problem disappears for a few days. It's only really bad when it's warm and I ride slowly in traffic.

Some recent threads;

[url="http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18600>http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18600

·
Registered
74 Posts
Personally, I get away with doing a few hard stops, the problem disappears for a few days. It's only really bad when it's warm and I ride slowly in traffic.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've had this happen from time to time. I find that pumping the brake to a stop as opposed to sustained braking makes it go away.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Yup, the 'few hard stops' works for me too. Same with my Audi S4. I think some of the problem is partially glazed pads....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Try motoenthusiast's suggestion of removing them out of the grommets. I did this and since then have not noticed the front brake vibration. Try this before removing the bushings.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also the front tire is hissing when i ride. Is this part of the same problem. It's seems like the pads don't open all the way, or the tire is grinding against something. It makes this chirping noice. Any one else?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts