RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had a major break down on their warrior warranty about to run out wondering if extended warranty would be worth the cost or to use money to add other parts.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I had a crankshaft positioning sensor go out on me. Fault Code #12, bike will not run or start with that fault code.

Nothing major, easy fix & covered under warranty. Dealer mechanics just swapped sensor with a new one. They don't know what caused the sensor to go bad. I'm the only one to ever hear about having this problem though, I think it was a fluke.

Only bad part, was that I was stranded by the side of the freeway for about four hours, until someone in the family fetched my truck & trailer to pick me up. They were at the Superbike races, I told them they could fetch me after they had finished watching the races. I had a nice nap on the grass off to the side of the freeway, weather was perfect. At least I got 375 miles of riding in that day, before the breakdown.

Other than that, so far so good. I didn't get or plan on getting the extended waranttee. My current mods and future mods would probably void any other Warranty policy.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I consider Extended warrantys as pre paying for future repars in advance.The choice is yours,but Ill go with out it. I also do all my own maintance, if you keep records an recipts you will not void your warranty according to New York Laws.Cant say about other states? My only break down so far was I used a vacume line that just happened to fit from the fuel regulator to the throttle bodies after I relocated fuel reg. hose lasted 4 days befor it blew out covering my left leg with GAS,my fault not the bikes. I have found over the years most problems are self inflicted.

·
Registered
579 Posts
If you can't fix anything, get it. So the dealer doesn't hose you on little stuff. However most people that I have seen have major issues had them within the first year, usally something not seated right from the factory which is normal in small numbers. It seems to be a toss up it's not a bad idear and it's not really that much but if you dont have an issue in the first year chaces are you won't. Take into considration how much you ride.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Leave the tool kit at home it weighs the bike down & makes it slower.

All you need to take with you is day/night glasses, extra smokes & a tire gauge. Its a Yamaha.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
If I could buy Japanese stuff without any warranty and get the money back I would.
I once had an guy who'd worked in the auto industry go into great detail about ow much money they made on warrantys.
It's a small gamble either way. If it gives you peace of mind it's probably worth it. But economicaly I don't think it's a very good investment.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Churchkey

Leave the tool kit at home it weighs the bike down & makes it slower.

All you need to take with you is day/night glasses, extra smokes & a tire gauge. Its a Yamaha.

I've been bringing fix a flat and plugs with me lately. Yamaha didn't made the tires or the nails I get to pull from them

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I've never used an extended warranty on a bike. When I get an extended on a car, I use an outside company like Warranty Gold. Cars do seem to have stuff go wrong with them and it's more expensive. Certainly not interested in purchasing a warranty from a dealer/manufacturer. I've already seen how disinclined they are to acknowledge a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts