RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pick up the bike next week after recall, HC pistons and Road* 5th gear. Do I need to break it in like a new motor?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
95% of you motor is broke in but there is some breakin period for your new pistons. I'd let it idle and warm up in the parking lot for about 3-5 min then ride it like there is no tomarrow. As with any pistons you need to avoid running at a constant RPM for extended periods. Don't get on the highway and cruise to long. Change your oil after 500 miles. It may take 1000-1500 miles for the pistons to completly seat.

Your going to love the HC pistons.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gunny. Yeah I also got the pistons, valves, combustion chambers and exhaust ports thermal barrier coated. The pistons skirts have anti-friction coating along with the wrist pins. Also running Dyna coils, all in attempt to stop pinging on California 91 octane swill.

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
Warm it up real nice..then do a couple 1 to 2 mile runs going through all the gears both up and gearing down, then ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been told with the thermal barrier coatings it will take longer to warm up. There are unlimited back roads from the dealer to my house. Thanks for the tips. Gonna be fun.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Cadman

Thanks Gunny. Yeah I also got the pistons, valves, combustion chambers and exhaust ports thermal barrier coated. The pistons skirts have anti-friction coating along with the wrist pins. Also running Dyna coils, all in attempt to stop pinging on California 91 octane swill.

Ive been running 89 octain with my hc pistons but we havnt even made it up into the 30s yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts