RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What about the www.mototuneusa.com method that was mentioned earlier? I am getting a new 06 Warrior this month. I'd like some adivse on how to break it in. This other methods vs what is recommended by Yamaha. I am not sure about which way to go.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Most of us believe in the hard break in method.

Ride it like you stole it.

Direct link.http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
If you baby it from new, it will never grow up to be a real warrior. Hard break in sets the rings nice and tight. Have done it with every new vehicle I've owned, and it is the only way to go.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
You must hit the rev limiter on the way home from the dealer at least once.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
I like to give new bike engines a slow easy break in...say maybe 2 minutes of idle followed by about 100 yards at half throttle. From that point on I consider it broken in and ride it hard as ****![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
420 Posts
I wouldn't "drone" at the same RPM and gear for long periods of time. Vary the throttle and run up and down thru the gears.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Try to not do any wheelies on it for the first ten miles, use the clutch when you are shifting between gears most of the time, stay below 130 mph, and keep the RPMs below 5500. Once you pass the ten mile mark, open it up and have fun.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Ride like you want it to be ridden. If you want a slow bike, keep everything constant. If you want a faster bike ride it faster in bursts. The trick I believe is to varyy the RPM range.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Follow the mototune method and you'll be fine. You might see a puff of black smoke the first time you really get on it hard, but after that the rings will be nice and tight. Just remember to vary the throttle like others said and remember to use the decompression of the motor to slow you down. This will aid in the setting of the rings.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You wont go wrong using the mototune method. Ride it like a dirt bike and scald the dog!![}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

Insert Image:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 2006 Warrior as well, and could not access the www.mototuneusa.com site. Is the site down, or can you post the recommended break in method that everyone is referring to....just want to make sure I am not missing anything that could cost me in the long run... [8D]

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
i rode mine nice and easy for the first fifteen minutes, then some guy on a VTX1800 came screaming by....I knew i couldnt let that happen!!

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
It worked for me too. I guess the site must have been down for a while.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts