RS Warrior Forum banner

brisbane ride

3K views 29 replies 6 participants last post by  old mate 
#1 ·
hey guys any of you brisbane warriors wanna sus out a ride sometime

#3 ·
free weekends are hard to come by at the moment but as long as you don't mind me turning up on one of these I will be as keen as mustard to join in.

Let me know a date when it is set and I will check the roster.

It is about time we all got together.

I am going to the Imbil Rally this year so maybe it would be cool to get a few of us together and go to that.

Just a thought.

#5 ·
Out through Sanford up to Mt Glorious then down past Wivenhoe back in past Ipswich - stop at Goodna pub!!! then home. Any Sat or Sun morning. Heaps of riders and bikes up the top of Gloriousat the cafe. Meet at BP servo at Ferny Grove (just past rail station). Give yourself 3 to 4 hours (depending on time at the pub). If you haven't done it before prepare for tight curves, s bends. I'm up for this Sunday morning, meet between 9 and 9.15am at the BP Ferny Grove. Any takers? Cheers John

#6 ·
ill have to pass mate tied up for the next two weekends then goin on an overnighter to gympie/kin kin area i herd there is alot of under cover cops and nutters on croch rockets up glorious though is that the case? ive been for a few cruises to cunnungra i think thats how u spell it its good on a sunday mornin nice cafe up there and good road you can carry on from there and come out a nerang if you want or even further south

#12 ·
Always, keen for a ride, I'm situated down near Dreamworld, so a ride down Canungra way would be great. Mt Glorious doesn;t take my fancy though, a bitto much cornering going on their, plus alot of sports bikes, zapping around. This week-end suits me, let me know who's willing and able.

#14 ·
I am out, am on my way to central Au to work. Shame, would have been great to meet some new faces and meet up with some known ones...

Spokes, new bike?? following the steps of mother goose?

Hendo, good to see you are still arround.

Would not mind to meet up with both of ya for a beer or so at one stage..

Stay upright

#16 ·
Sunday the 12 of October, sounds good to me, that makes only two of usthough, any other takers ? I reckon we could meet up just of the M1 at exit 45, head up to Tamborine Mountain, for a morning coffee, and decide where to go next, possibly down to Canungra. I'm not one to run the show, but I can do if required. If we meet up at 0800 at the roundabout of exit 45 heading south. I think that is the start of a plan, that can be chopped and changed to suit. Of course, that is, as long as it doesn't rain, which seems to be due.

#19 ·
I would love to join you however I will be in Coffs Harbour this weekend.

In fact I will be unavailable for the next 6 weekends due to work or rallies.

If anyone wants to join me on the 2nd Nov I will be going on a ride (which will be on the northside sorry guys) with a riders group which has all sorts of bikes from sportsbikes to Harleys. It will start and head north then go west and then stop for lunch at the famous "Farmers Arms Hotel" Carbarlah for lunch and then for those living south you can head back via warrego highway and take the toll road home. It will take in my most favourite road that my old warrior used to love scraping the pegs on, and you can ask Hans what he thinks of the ride because him and Fierysport did it with me a few years ago.

Also, I will be heading off to the Imbil Rally again this year for a weekend of drunken debauchery. Would be great to see you'all there as well. It is on from 14th - 16th Nov.

Cheers

#20 ·
I'm in for the 12th. Got a brother on a Vulcan and a mate on an M109 who are always keen for a rideif you guys don't mind. I'll check up later thru the week for any changes but all looksgood.

Stupid question number 1; which is exit 45? Is it the BP service centre?

Spokes, that ride northside sounds good too. Can you keep me posted on that one.

#24 ·
Exit 38 sounds good, it wouldn't hurt to fill up,as you do. As it turns out I've also have a party Saterday night, but that won't stop me. Sorry to see you won't be able to make it Spokes, but that ride you, Hans and firerysport went on last year sounds good, might catch up with you then. Weather prevailing, its the BP of Exit 38 on Sunday at 8am, I'm looking forward to it already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.