RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got a chance to get on the computer. A dang airport parking bus made an illegal left hand turn 20 feet in front of me. I was able to get the bike down and between the bus and me but it was still to late. I think the bike is totaled. I'll post pics when I get a chance. I broke and dislocated my left thunb it now has 2 nice shiny rods in it and I am covered in road rash. Thank god for good gear. joe rocket jacket protected my upperbody quite well. just bruises and the thumb. Gloves have seen better days. Well Just thought I would share I am bored out of my mind.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Are you serious??? This sounds like a stunt from action movie..... sorry to hear that happened to you.... My Warrior was totalled after small accident too few weeks ago.... Glad you're pretty much ok!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Glad to hear your ok. The bike can be replaced. Good thing you had the riding gear on , you could have had a much different outcome. I cant get hurt on mine til spring, not that I want to,darn cold here in Chicago. I just have to make sure it doesnt fall on me while I am working on it this winter.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I'm not one to promote lawsuits - but if this happened to me, I'd be getting a lawyer.

Hope your recovery goes well.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Make sure you let your insurance company know you lost your Rolex watch at the scene of the accident.

Glad you OK. Get it...OK...'cause your moving to Oklahoma. (I'm funny huh?) Good Luck

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
That sucks knyland but it sounds like you're lucky to have faired so much better then the bike did. I'm glad you shared, hopefully it'll inspire me to get better about wearing a jacket and gloves every time. Good luck with the insurance outcome and replacement. I don't know where Santee is but mine's for sale by the way.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Holy crap! Bike vs Bus and you're still here to type about it (broken thumb and all) Glad your still with us. I guess you're next ride will be a shiny new bus.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
**** bud.. Sorry to hear about your accident.

The bike is replaceable.. glad to hear you came out as good as you did... all things considered.

I'd really be leaning on the bus company to make it all right.. ALL of it.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Remember the "Ambulance Chaser" will get Most of the money that should be Yours! Just see if it is possible to negoiate a deal yourself before you go a get a lawyer. What can it hurt? If they give you the run around then get you a lawyer . Either way Glad you are allright ( well better than you could have been) Heal quick and take care

·
Registered
256 Posts
glad too see you're ok, So that was you on 760KFMB? traffic report, the buses around here are getting outta hand, Sanders needs to take a few off the street.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Having "been there, done that", well not with a bus but a truck, I too say talk with the insurance company yourself first. See what you can negotiate and if you're not happy then get the lawyer. Don't count on much $$$ though. They put limits on what a finger, contusions, missed worketc... are worth and they won't pay a dime more. Replacing or repairng the bike shouldn't bea problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Glad you faired ok considering...

Living in the flight path of Angeles Crest Hwy(58 miles of twisties) and Huntington Hospital--I cringe every time a hear the chopper. Happens nearly every weekend, especially with the sport bike types crossing the double line. Although more pile ups tend to happen with the cruisers.

Leathers are a god-send... even with leathers I've picked a few bikers off the pavement with road rash under the leathers even.

Keep us up-to-date and heal quick.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Thumbs better than dead. For sure call a lawyer. Your pain and suffering alone could be worth 3 bikes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts