RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was trying to install a faring to the sides of the speedometer cover. Bolts were screwed so tight I somehow snapped the (cheap) metal bracket that keeps the speedometer cover attached to the frame/trees. I'm looking at the METER diagram on the Yamaha OEM website but I can't locate what I broke. It's not metal, it seems like its aluminum. Does anyone have any clue what that part is? I can take a picture if I'm not being clear enough although is well tucked in inside the cover on either side. I'm not sure if it's one small piece or an entire assembly. Thanks fellas!!!

UPDATE: figured it out... or I'm not as lost as my OP. It's a small bracket that is bolted underneath the top triple tree that snapped. I have aftermarket handlebars and it seems the triple trees are aftermarket as well. The bracket that snapped secured the speedometer cover to the triple trees. now I just need to locate the small part....

speedometer assmbly.png

triple tree bracket1.jpeg triple tree bracket2.jpeg triple tree bracket3.jpeg triple tree bracket4.jpeg triple tree bracket5.jpeg

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
I was trying to install a faring to the sides of the speedometer cover. Bolts were screwed so tight I somehow snapped the (cheap) metal bracket that keeps the speedometer cover attached to the frame/trees. I'm looking at the METER diagram on the Yamaha OEM website but I can't locate what I broke. It's not metal, it seems like its aluminum. Does anyone have any clue what that part is? I can take a picture if I'm not being clear enough although is well tucked in inside the cover on either side. I'm not sure if it's one small piece of an entire assembly. Thanks fellas!!!

View attachment 247589
You broke the top triple tree!

·
Registered
701 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
[email protected] bro..
Check the For sale Classified section
Some one is parting out a warrior
And selling the tripe Tress for cheap..
Just saw it yesterday

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I have a spare, not sure I want to part with it.
Others here may be able to help with one or you could find someone that can weld aluminum.
thanks, outlawarrior. I'll ask my guy if he can fix it. or I'll look for a shop that works with aluminum.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup. I found the guy. thanks. but I went back to take another look and its not the trees that are broken (thank you baby jesus)!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have aftermarket handlebars and I think the trees are aftermarket as well because they don't resemble the OEM. It's a small bracket attached to the top triple tree. I'm attaching pics. I'm not going to assume the part is easy to find.... I'll probably contact the previous owner and find out what that part was

triple tree bracket1.jpeg triple tree bracket2.jpeg triple tree bracket3.jpeg triple tree bracket4.jpeg triple tree bracket5.jpeg

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Top view
triple tree bracket7-top view.jpeg triple tree bracket9-top view.jpeg

Left side (broken bracket)
triple tree bracket4-left view broken.jpeg triple tree bracket5-left view broken.jpeg triple tree bracket6-left view.jpeg

Right side (unbroken bracket)
triple tree bracket8- right view.jpeg

Definitely could be a manufactured part (ugh!!) ----- the part looks somewhat like this - flat on one end to attach to the triple trees and then perpendicular at the other end to secure the speedometer cover (excuse the terrible drawing)
triple tree bracket10-drawing.jpeg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Top view

Definitely could be a manufactured part (ugh!!) ----- the part looks somewhat like this - flat on one end to attach to the triple trees and then perpendicular at the other end to secure the speedometer cover (excuse the terrible drawing)
View attachment 247609
Cycle Image (CI) use to sell those 6* trees. When Reza closed CI the manufacturer went public on Ebay as I recall. I don't know if they are still around. The part can be duplicated w/o much difficulty imo.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cycle Image (CI) use to sell those 6* trees. When Reza closed CI the manufacturer went public on Ebay as I recall. I don't know if they are still around. The part can be duplicated w/o much difficulty imo.
thanks, I'll look into it

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah, I just saw that. Those posts were in 2006. Figures. I'm going to check with my guy about a welding shop. He might have a contact or two for those kinds of parts.

I'm in the process of moving out of my place so this is a major distraction. If I find the time, I'll try to remove the part on the right side so we can all get a better look at the part.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts