RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know if anyone else has come across this but there are several links that are no longer working on the Do It Yourself - DIY Mod List Library. I know it has been a while since I’ve utilized that list but I do check in on it every now and then just to see if anything new has been added. Just wanted to bring this up in case no one was aware of it.

·
Super Moderator
967 Posts
Yes, rcoligan2 took over looking after this DIY page but hasn’t been active since Oct 2019. I hope all is well with him.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,986 Posts
Some broken links are off-site url's.

Other broken links are from a prior software migration, these are often an old "aspx" system software link that stopped service in I think 2011. Example:
Matching Frame Paint
http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/27913/391000.aspx#391000

One trick to try is to advanced-search the title (in this example 'matching frame paint) and review the yield. Sometimes you get lucky. Be careful tho.

One trouble with keeping all threads available is that over time some things change, and more knowledge surfaces, and different parts come to market. But its better to have access than to loose critical technical data. So links may break as software evolves. But for the most part many survive.

In these cases there is nothing can be done.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yes, rcoligan2 took over looking after this DIY page but hasn’t been active since Oct 2019. I hope all is well with him.
He was very active on the site when I first joined and was a great help to a new owner like me. I hope he's doing okay I know we had a wreck a couple of years ago and got hurt. I hope he's on the mend and riding or otherwise enjoying life.

Reactions: Baldy
1 - 4 of 4 Posts