RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike went in today and hated to leave it behind. Had to ride in the freakin rain and still snow on the ground. I didn't want to refuse the offer to do the recall now that the kit came in and the dealer said I was next in line. He already did 4 RSW and 6 R*.

He said now's the time to get it done since they're not too busy. Hope he takes his time and cleans up the bike before handing it back to me.

Man I hate this. Ok, the HC pistons are going in too but I don't think I'll be sleeping much 'til she's back in my garage.

For the ones that got the recall done, were your bikes filthy when you got it back or did they shine her up for you?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
i dropped mine off today too. i have the same sick feeling in my stomach. it was parked outside when i dropped it off, and now its not so they must have started on it already. i keep tellin myself that it will be fine but only time will tell. they are doing the tank recall and adding the PR HC pistons also. let us know how it goes

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
From the posts here expect anything from a detailed bike running better than ever all the way down to a dirty, oil leaking, wont run right, wont start, bolts not tightened, scratched up bike.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Art,

I heard a few "oil leaking" and "won't run" stories, but scratches also? Goddamm!

I wonder if I should go back and hand the mech an extra $50 or something.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
i wanted to bribe someone but was talking to the service manager and his secretary. thought about saying..."who do i need to bribe to make sure its done right and comes back clean" but that was a thought that didnt come to me till i was pullign out of the lot. they've done at least one already so hopefully the tech that did one is doing mine. i took 40 digital pix this morning an hour before it went into the shop. closeups all over. and tehy better believe i'll go ape sh!t if there is any damage. a lil dirt, residual grease or oil (NOT A LEAK.... )i can deal with. scratches, dings, etc... and i'm not gonna be cool about.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah audio, I hear ya.

I took 20 pics and then the battery died. Got the important parts anyway. Mostly engine, tank and fender.

I think I'll go to church tonight and pray to the almighty 'cause if something happens to my baby I swear to God the mech will wish he was never born!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked up my bike on Saturday!

It hadn't been cleaned up since I brought it in, but, Man oh man what a difference those JE pistons made on my ride home! /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

Well worth the wait and agony over this whole recall. Mech didn't really leave anything for me to nag about.

Cleaned off the bike and only found a light scratch on one of the side covers. Nothing I can take out myself though (black powder coat) so I'll leave it as a battle scar I guess.

Other than that, everything was in place. No scratched chrome anywhere. The engine is immaculate and super clean so far. Ran the piss out of it Saturday on my way home and yesterday afternoon. If she's going to leak, its going to be within the 30-day warranty they gave me.

Service manager also said if oil shows up or any problems (even after the 30-days) bring her in and he'll take care of it no questions asked.

The new pistons have made a change to the sound when pounding the throttle. I noticed the extra compression more though on decel, like something is pushing the bike back in spurts. The extra power is quite noticeable even when accelerating in the low end (<2500 RPM).

I think she may be running too rich though. Is this possible with more compression? The inside of the exhaust pipe blackens much more quickly. Is this due to the cold weather? (about 10Celcius/50F) I will check the plugs after the next ride.

Ride-on baby! Glad its over.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
thats great to hear, i get mine back in two days.... [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] i did the same HCpistons.. CANT WAIT! does it sound much different at idle?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
quote:Originally posted by audio77

thats great to hear, i get mine back in two days.... [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] i did the same HCpistons.. CANT WAIT! does it sound much different at idle?

Not really.

I started to ask people that come over to see it to cap the exhaust with their hand and then I crack it. I think it could now blow the door off my garage if I'm not careful /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

Thanks Rob Hughes for these fabulous add-ons.

·
Registered
42 Posts

[B)]
Don't make the mistake I made when ordering your pistons! Patrick Racing does not accept credit cards as you probably know. The deal is COD only, but with me at work during the day, I had no way to easily deal with the COD situation. I have never heard of any corp. not accepting credit cards! Anyway, I was told that my local dealer was set up to handle the situation with Patrick. Sounded good. The parts man was reluctant to order the pistons several weeks in advance because it would tie up his cash. I told him I would come pay him as soon as they arrived, and he agreed.

No wonder! He charged me $30 basically for having the pistons delivered to his dealership and writing a check! He tried to cover by telling me the pistons retailed for $350, which I know is not true since I got a $300 price from Patrick.

Then, and this seemed weird, he was reluctant to have me take the pistons with me!!! Of course he had no choice since I paid for them. I wonder if he was pondering a deal with someone else and planned to swap mine for a later delivery.

Next time, any COD shipments will be to a friend or relative who can be there for delivery.

He is charging me $60 to install the pistons at recall.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had mine ordered from OE via credit card and they shipped ontime as promised. Great people to deal with. Will order from them again.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Lone, that sounds like a dealer i'd want to walk away from. a.) he was being shady about the sale of the pistons in the first place, and B.) he's charging you $60 which is probably an hours labor for somehting yamaha is already paying him to do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts