RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching to see the status of the Power Pipe BTK (Bill) was producing. I saw he had some personal issues and couldn't determine if he is still making these. I had talked with him over a year ago about making one for my '07 Midnight but I've had some changes myself and haven't been on here much. Can anyone provide any info??

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read through most of the threads and posts, seeing the frustration by several not getting stuff that was ordered. Too bad, the guy seems to know his stuff.

I also remember some posts from a while ago that talked about the power pipe not really producing much of a difference in performance. I know the initial response from many was overwhelming, so I'm at in impasse on trying to contact BTK and ordering one.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Btk's info and number are still available on the forum if you dig around. The quality of his products were never a issue. I would buy from him again regardless of the fact he's not a forum vendor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
28,166 Posts
Yep most say the same thing. Just to be fair with both sides, the trouble was keeping promises like delivery. A number of forum members were strung-out over half a year before complaining, and in a later separate second round of these delays one member went well over a year before finally receiving his parts back. In all these cases, if the Forum had not applied pressure there's no telling what would have happened. It sux because he seems like a good guy. But the forum couldn't take the risk any longer, it cost a lot to make him deliver or refund. Its a buyer-beware kinda thing.

·
Premium Member
3,234 Posts
Just curious what was the final consensus on the benefit of this part. Any benefits?
I know it is the combination of things that make it happen but will it make difference on the usual bolt ons?

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Yes, smoother idle and less vibration throughout the rev range, plus slight increase in performance. A good mod for the money, imo.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
I have had several project with BTK and never had a bad experience. As others have mentioned, his quality was and is not the question. I have a ceramic BTK power pipe that I installed. I have no dyno number to support any claims (so i wont make any), but will say that I would pay for another in a heartbeat. In fact...I would say its a M U S T- D O- I T E M IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO HC PISTONS, PORTED HEADS AND VALVES.

*** The item that PR sells is similar to the BTK power pipe in the fact that it is a manifold for the rear jug...thats about it. The "boring out" to enlarge the ID of an OEM part is negligible when compared to the BTK power pipe... a house cat and a lion are "similar"... The BTK power pipe not only uses much larger tube stock, but has a straighter path while still keeping OEM connection points.

·
Premium Member
5,624 Posts
I have had several project with BTK and never had a bad experience. As others have mentioned, his quality was and is not the question. I have a ceramic BTK power pipe that I installed. I have no dyno number to support any claims (so i wont make any), but will say that I would pay for another in a heartbeat. In fact...I would say its a M U S T- D O- I T E M IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO HC PISTONS, PORTED HEADS AND VALVES.

*** The item that PR sells is similar to the BTK power pipe in the fact that it is a manifold for the rear jug...thats about it. The "boring out" to enlarge the ID of an OEM part is negligible when compared to the BTK power pipe... a house cat and a lion are "similar"... The BTK power pipe not only uses much larger tube stock, but has a straighter path while still keeping OEM connection points.
I agree, and very glad I got mine when I did.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
I have a BTK swingarm and it's AWESOME... Also have a hidden brake caliper mod and it all looks awesome n went he shipped it it got a lil scratch. I owed him s few bucks for shipping n he squash what I owed him. And also he sent me some brand new rear brakes for free for just doing business with him... I'm very happy n also glad I got my stuff done when I did...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts