RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for anyone with the Bub's Slash Cut exhaust on their Warrior. On Bub's website it says that the baffle is removable and the silencer "can be repackable", has anyone tried experimenting with this? How is this done and how quiet can you make it? Any input is much appreciated.

I tried searching the forums but didn't find anything specific about this. I am considering the Bub's Slash Cut and would really like to be able to adjust the exhaust sound level if it's too loud. [:0]

·
Registered
579 Posts
read my posts on bubs i wouldn't recomend them. But my pipes came with 2 cones one for tork and one for HP then a set of baffles. I use the baffles and it is still quite loud but I think it is not overally loud. That is as quiet as they go. I do like the looks and sound of the pipes just hard to keep from discoloring.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Mnz,
The slash cut is very quiet at idle, just slightly louder than stock. So I don't know if you could make it quieter than it is.

Out of curiousity I did remove the baffles and gave it a once over. There are several plates and 2 long baffles that can be removed. I started it up and road it with all the plates and baffles removed. The result was a very loud pipe and I lost a lot of low end torque. After playing with it for a couple of hours I decided the way it came was the best for my use. So, yes you can repack it to the sound you want.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
if the baffle is narrower in the middle than at both ends you can wrap the middle with fiberglass cloth form any bike shop. use masking tape to secure it. the tape will burn off after installed

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have Bub's flush-cut Chambermaids w/ turnout tips and a buddy w/ the staggered ones, neither of us have had trouble with bluing. My buddy is now getting his ceramic coated, about $100 for the set. I am using his as a test to see if I am going to coat mine. The guy claims it will reduce temp. and never discolor, I'll wait til next year and see. I also checked with jet-hot, they will coat pipes for about $200, used w/3year warranty, new pipes covered for life against bluing and rusting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts