RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with this muffler have any of you taken the baffel out yet? The pipe is fairly loud with the baffel and I was wondering how it is without, before I remove mine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I installed mine,rode it,thought it was way too loud. Took the baffle out and packed it with some fmf four stroke muffler packing.the stuff is like a fiberglass blanket.purchased it from local bike accessory shop for 10.95. still pretty loud,but it took the metallic rasp away.I'm happy with the sound and everybody that hears it says it sounds cool.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have the BuB chambermaids on mine, they werent bad with the baffles in place, I just took out them out yesterday and put in the torque chambers, noticably louder! havent rode it yet though, today will tell!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
How does the sound of the slip-on compare with a pro-pipe? Is it louder? any idea what sort of power you get from it compared to a pro-pipe? I know these are pretty lame questions but you have to ask /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Ihave road with someone with the slashcut and my modified can was louder.

·
Registered
948 Posts
quote:Originally posted by oly

How does the sound of the slip-on compare with a pro-pipe? Is it louder? any idea what sort of power you get from it compared to a pro-pipe? I know these are pretty lame questions but you have to ask /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

I had 'em both. They don't sound alike. The Bub will be kinda quiet at cruising speed, then gets pretty loud when you full throttle it. Almost like two different pipes. And it sounds more "Harley" then the Pro Pipe. The Pro Pipe sounds more "hot rod". It has more volume while cruising. Sounds MEAN at full throttle. To me the PP sounds better. But my MUZZY sounds the BEST!! heh heh

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Still sounds good to me, I don't really like loud droning while cruising but I love some loudness when you open the throttle wide.

·
Registered
948 Posts
My Muzzy gets fairly quiet at cruising speed too. If thats important to you, on a scale of 1-10( 10 loud), the Bub is a 3 compared to stock, and the Muzzy a 4, Pro Pipe 6, Cobra 7. Thats at cruising rpm. Thats read with the Patented MeatGrinder Exhaust Loudness Meter.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I've just been offered a Jardine slash cut slip on from my local dealer at a much better price than the BUB has anyone ever seen/run one?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts