RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be happening in your town too, if you have a Buell dealer, check and see.

3/6/09

Las Vegas Harley-Davidson hosts free Buell test rides

Las Vegas Harley-Davidson/Buell is offering free test rides of American-made 2009 model Buell sports bikes starting at 9 a.m. today and tomorrow at the dealership, located at 2605 S. Eastern Ave.

Models include the race-winning 1125R, the Buell Lightning, Firebolt, 9SX City Cross, Blast and Buell's first dual-purpose motorcycle, the Ulysses, which can be ridden on the street and off-road.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
They pay you with a either burnt/raw hot dog or burger and a coke normally. Last time I went for demos, V-Rod's electronics weren't working and they just kept adding fuel because they didn't want anyone to run out on a test ride. Also, I rode one of the Buell's and it was not as nice or comfy as my Dad's old M2 Cylcone. Funny thing is when HD guys walk over a say something nice about a warrior before they realize its not a HD. Its not a bad way to spend an hour getting to ride someone else's machines,kinda like demo rides at Daytona.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Both the local HD dealers here give test rides any time, not justduring events. Only one is a Buell dealer though but they offer them on either. Allsmiles hit the nail on the head about the food too... not only was it burnt to a crisp but they ran outaround 11am the one time I attended one of their special Harley day weekend promotions. I had a feeling they took all the promo funds and stocked their own fridges with meat is all I could figure. How do you run out of cheap food almost immediately after you start?

·
Registered
148 Posts
In the past Victory and Buell would offer a T-Shirt or something for taking a test ride.That would get me to go. They've probably cutback and used theeconomy as the excuse.The local dealerships offer nastyburgers, hot dogs and warm soda pop a couple times a year around here without having to take any test rides. They call it an open house.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
I am gonna check out this 1125R today. ive heard its a great bike with 130RWHP stock Vtwin sounds fun

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
madav8tr said:
My local Yamaha dealer doesn't even accept check cards much less offer free food or test rides

Seriously. What's up with that. I've taken test rides on a Nightrodand a Victory (that cost twice what a Warrior sells for)but even when the local Yamaha dealers bother to have anything in stock they won't consider test rides even for serious customers that plan to buyTHAT day.

And who's watching Mike so he doesn't buy yet another bike when he goes to the HD dealer today??

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
My local yammie dealer lets me test ride anything on the floor. Once even when I made it plain I did not intend to buy.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
jabo said:
My local yammie dealer lets me test ride anything on the floor. Once even when I made it plain I did not intend to buy.

Must be nice. The local here usually doesn't even assemble most of their bikes unless they're sold much less give test rides. The Honda shop is the same way. In fact the only test rides I have been able to take on new bikes have been at Harley Dealers or European import dealers. I have gotten a few test rides on used bikes over the years from the Honda/Yam/Suz/Kawi dealers.

The 1125 is OK. I bought one last year and it took me a little bit to get the suspension and fuel injection mapping sorted. Oh and don't expect any cool Vtwin rumble either. It sounds like an anemic sewing machine with the stock pipe. Similar rotax engine like your Tuono(bit stronger) and a similar sound when uncorked. I have a Yoshi Tri-oval can and custom mid pipe on my 1125R.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts