RS Warrior Forum banner
  • Warrior of the Quarter Challenge - Spring! Enter your bike HERE

Build Project - Warrior Hot Rod

309 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  alanh
Hey Everyone!

So this post will be dedicated to my Warrior Hot Rod project, I will try to go over with as much details as possible.

Chapter I - Purchase

So in 2022.06.30 I've purchased my Bike from Copart.com

In this link you can see the listing 2003 Yamaha XV1700, PC

And here you can picture already from Loading dock:

Let's talk about the money...

Last bid: $1700
Auction fees: $538
Trucking to port: $358
Shipping: $520

Total: $3116 ( since everything else will be in euros, so total 3050€ )

And the rest was waiting...

Chapter II -Inspection

On 2022 September 23rd I received a call that my bike is on the way to my yard.
Here's couple pictures:

So basically since the keys were lost I couldn't get it started for while.

I've ordered JW Speaker headlight with special mounting bracket for Warrior and installed it.

Got it on the trolley and took it to mechanic.

1st problem was bent front shock:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

So had to get new shocks, which was quite a challenge.

2nd problem was faulty starter relay:

Hand Sleeve Finger Gesture Font
Wheel Tire Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer
Electronic component Gas Audio equipment Fluid Circuit component

I found that previous owner while installing power commander III did not a good job and that lead this trace burning down. I managed to fix this myself.

3rd problem I needed oem License plate holder for the inspection, so I've managed together couple cut off license plate holders, took my soldering iron and got to work:

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Asphalt Motor vehicle
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Asphalt Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting

Afterwards, we've changed the shocks, a friend lent me original exhaust for inspection and it was time to go register it.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

The inspection went fine and finally got my license plate:
Land vehicle Car Tire Wheel Vehicle

So this was on 2022 December 5th.

Let's get down to damages...

Import taxes: 840€
Transportation from dock: 323€
New shocks: 450€
LED Headlight: 360€
Mechanic work: 250€
Inspection: 120€
Sub-Total: 2433€
Total: 5483€

As most of you know this is not yet the current state, so when I will find time I'll continue here :)
See less See more
Reactions: 3
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
It's looking good for now Tomas, keep up the good work. 👍. Frec 🇬🇧
Reactions: 1
**** son looking and what a way to get to know your new cycle than getting down and dirty.
@tomasLabanauskas ... Hats Off to You for diagnosing and repairing the burnt tracing of the Early Relay Unit though I don't see proof of the repair :)

This is an "A" typical failure when the Ground Loop Circuit is shorted out and can be prevented by disconnecting the Battery when doing electrical MOD's.
  • That's the Blue/Yellow (-) conductor/terminal. The burnt tracing has broken the Ground Loop to the ECU (Pin 7) preventing Ignition (No Spark @ plugs) but the Start Circuit & F.I. Sys Relays will operate normally.

If Interested here's similar failures of the Early & Late Relay Units with their accompanying schematics ;)
See less See more
Reactions: 1
Here's the proof:

I'm not really in to electronics, but I've tested all of the componenst and something wasn't right. The problem was whenever I've tried to release clutch in Gear it would shut down. So check the diagram and decided this has to be the issue :)

@tomasLabanauskas ... Hats Off to You for diagnosing and repairing the burnt tracing of the Early Relay Unit though I don't see proof of the repair :)

This is an "A" typical failure when the Ground Loop Circuit is shorted out and can be prevented by disconnecting the Battery when doing electrical MOD's.
  • That's the Blue/Yellow (-) conductor/terminal. The burnt tracing has broken the Ground Loop to the ECU (Pin 7) preventing Ignition (No Spark @ plugs) but the Start Circuit & F.I. Sys Relays will operate normally.

If Interested here's similar failures of the Early & Late Relay Units with their accompanying schematics ;)
See less See more
  • Helpful
Reactions: 4
1 - 6 of 6 Posts