RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
when is it nick? - i'm being lazy ..could look it up, but then i'd have no excuse to post ya
...has the triumph returned home yet!

I'm looking forward to this TT XGP race on the Isle of Manin 99 days time - between the brit 'lotus' EV-0 RR electric bike and the states Mission One - should be a **** of a race - but no good turning up the volume for that one! - but watch for that sheer grunt of the line we enjoy so much! - don't know who's televising it yet?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Not this year Nick, bars come 5th Aug, bike goes on road 7th Aug, just too close.

I'll wait for "Thunder in the Glens"

have a good one.

Gav.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I might make one ,but i don't like the idea of paying the high prices they charge for the booze and food. I am led to believe, thatyou are not allowed to take you'r own booze.
.......Frec.....U.K..

·
Registered
553 Posts
Tank all repaired and waiting for new logo design on tomorrow, then lacquered. New rear foot brake lever bought and painted black, gear lever straightened, forwards sorted, got a rear brake push-rod made, rear footrest and bracket sorted, new rear indicators on, damaged AIS cover, cut, spun round and new bracket made. Looks no bad the noo. New bars here shortly, then wire them up and that's about it. Can't wait to get back on her.

Weathers been sheit (on and off with rain) Nickso I've just got the head down and into the work.

A couple of very exciting projects just finished, look out for Streetfighter mag November edition.

Bulldog is a good one, but expensive for everythingbut the ticket.

Gav.

Frec I've a good picture of us having a bletherbeside the bike at the Farmyard.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just to keep ya up to speed on the Bulldog. 2008 was £55.00 entry, and £3.00 per can of lager, £5.00 per can guiness. Yes you are not allowed to bring your own booze on site, and if you leave for a trip out you will be subject to a searching when you return. Thats a body search and all of your luggage so be careful. However they are not allowed to search women unless its woman doin the searching. (ya pays ya money etc)

Dont take any camping knives of any description, because if the plod stop and search you, you will get done. The plod have a score to settle and the more arrests they make themore justified it is to have their presence. The bands were not that good last year probably due to the uncertainty if it was going ahead or not.

After saying all that, camp security was second to none, no tent thefts reported and no trouble. If ya go and can stand the prices, you will have a cracking time. Bands are better this year and with any luck weather should be better.

Hope this helps, have a gud un. ;-)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Can't be there this year mate, am going to be travelling with work... again. Pesky work.

Have fun and be safe for all those who do attend.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Forget it, i,m staying up north and not getting ripped off
30 cans for £16of fosters up here if you look round.
.....Frec.....U.K..

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Warrior_uk said:
Not long now. Anyone else going?

Yo Nick...i have a fancy for that trip... which date / day are you guys planning?...I met Jo a mechanic at Jack Lilliesin Ashford, who wrenches a nitrous supercharged bike called the sprocket [i think that was the name] anyways he said look him up at the Bash, as they are running the bike theresaturday..should be a wow!

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tom,

I'll be there thurs 6th through to sun 9th. It's a mad dash home then to dump the bikes and fly off to Lanzarote.

Nick

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Lanzarote!!?
- you'll never get the beast in ya luggage ...you know that right!?....i'm aiming for saturday...no money left to play for awhile now [lucky i'm still holding the bike keys!!]...but i'll ride up early ...and ring ya bell and cuckoo all day!!!...until pumpkin time...i'll pm for more details of where you'll be hiding...you know i'm going to be trying to talk you into europe next year....right
up north germany so not so far next year...[i'll bring the non negotiable contract with me!]
cheers tom

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Nick - looks like you picked the best weather to pitch up ya tent - except for friday night 'rain over gloucester way? - it's fine particularly thursday - so see ya saturday - how will i find ya - could you pm me mobile no. ...or map ....lol....tom

1 - 20 of 29 Posts