RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a 6" 1.5" diameter Drag Bar from Burly this weekend and I was able to install it with no problems. I used redhorse's T-Bar install page for help and everything went smooth. I switched to HD grips at the same time so I had to cut some of the bar off during this install. There is already a throttle side locating hole on the bars. I used 1/2-13 X 2.5" Hex bolts to mount the bars.

Personally these wouldn't be my first choice in bars the 6" rise and 5.5" pullback makes me lean a tad to far forward. I also wouldn't put a 1.5" diameter bar on my bike either. They are what they are and they do fit our bikes, just adds to the list of options for handlebars.

http://www.burlybrand.com/dragbars/B28-4023.htmllink to the bar that is on my bike.

http://users.adelphia.net/~redhorse/radius_install_1of2.htminstall page this man is truly a great help to this community.

Overall the bars look good and went on with out any major problems.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Re: Burly Brand Yamaha Drag Bar

2 Questions: How tall are you, and can you see the tach while riding? Okay, 1 question with 2 parts.

Nice looking install.

·
Registered
15 Posts

they info is great as you mentioned you would not pick the 5.5 what would you have gone with.I just lowered my 04 warrior and now i'd like to put on the drag bars i to do not want to lean forward at 5'8" but alittle will be ok thanks for any info

·
Registered
256 Posts

also very nice, Do you plan on running the wires through the bars? four months with zip ties scratching the chrome, I finaly ran the wires, lenghtened four inches, my drag bars are shorter, not buy much. but you'll like the look, It took me six hours to run the wires to the head light.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

Are you sure those are 6" rise. They look a little taller than my 1.5 w/ 6" rise. You're right about the forward lean though, but to me the lower rise looks better. Also, Mine vibrate A LOT so I made some rubber dampeners out of an oldradiator hose to take away some of the vibration in my hands. The install will be done today on those. Looking sharp!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

I am 5'9"and the rise and pull back of the yami TTbars is about perfect.I lean forward just a little. I have thought of going with lower drag bars.Have riden warriors with 3.5-4 inch risers and drag bars and although it looks cool it isnt that comfortable after a while.That is my .02 hope it helps you

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

07midnite said:
Are you sure those are 6" rise. They look a little taller than my 1.5 w/ 6" rise. You're right about the forward lean though, but to me the lower rise looks better. Also, Mine vibrate A LOT so I made some rubber dampeners out of an oldradiator hose to take away some of the vibration in my hands. The install will be done today on those. Looking sharp!

There, I'm probably the first guy in site history to quote himself. Anyhow, I put the cut and shaped dampers in and it looks real nice. I may have to put in a set of 1-1/2" or 1-9/16" OD sized washers between the dampers and the bars. I feel like the bars may eventually cut into the rubber. We'll see!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Ok here is the update..I powdercoated them gloss black, also I painted the hand grip areas myself for fear nothing would fit back on with the powder. I also inerternally wired these bars. Took a lot of patience, but I did get it done.

The rightside went through the bars just fine. I soldered the extensions on just fine and ran them through the bars heat shrunk and all. The left side I had to individually run my wires through after I soldered them. After a whole weekend things are buttoning up just fine. Here are some pics with my progress.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts