RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*Buyer Beware*-Demons Cycle-*Buyer Beware*

I'll keep this updated as it unfolds but here is where things stand now.

I ordered a set of mirror from Demon Cycles, I think they were $34.00, they arrived quickly but when I unpacked them I found the glass in one of the mirrors was broken.

No big deal I figure and I shoot off an email to them letting them know what had happened. I got a quick response giving me a different email address in the company to contact, strange they couldn't just forward it but ok. So I email the new, "claims" address that I was given and get an auto response telling me to gather a whole lot of information that they should have had anyway and email yet another address. They're trying my patience at this point but I send out what is now the third email to them.

I get a response the following day stating that they would be filing a claim with fedex and once it was resolved they would ship out my new mirrors. I responded asking how long that would be and was told 2-10 business days. So I'm looking at 2-3 weeks to get a set of mirrors?? That's not an acceptable solution to me, their shipping issue is between them and FedEx and is of no real concern of mine. So I respond that I expect either a full refund and return authorization or a tracking number for a new set of mirrors. They respond by saying they can't accept returns on damaged items. LOL you gotta be kidding. At this point they have stopped responding to my emails and I'm not sure where things stand, I will be calling on Monday.

My feeling is that if a company can't throw a cheap set of mirrors in the mail to do the right thing they really wouldn't do anything on a more expensive purchase. They are, at this point, refusing to send me the product I've paid for as well as refusing to refund my money.

Think twice before buying anything from Demon Cycles, their customer service is severely lacking.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Think twice before buying anything from Demon Cycles, their customer service is severely lacking.
Did you checked their exchange/refund policy before you bought the item? The main reason I shop at known places like DennisKirk, Phat, etc. is because you get proper service. You pay more and you get service, you cheap out for few dollars and you get the result you have now on hand.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Teck their policy doesn't really address stuff damaged in shipping.

My real beef is that I'm tied up in this thing with them for who knows how long. Their claim with FedEx is not my problem. Does that fact that they won't send them until they resolve it with FedEx mean that if their claim is denied they won't be sending me new mirrors?

In the end these are cheap Chinese mirrors that they are probably getting for under $10 a set. If they can't afford to send a set out to make a situation right then that isn't a company I want to deal with.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Teck their policy doesn't really address stuff damaged in shipping.

My real beef is that I'm tied up in this thing with them for who knows how long. Their claim with FedEx is not my problem. Does that fact that they won't send them until they resolve it with FedEx mean that if their claim is denied they won't be sending me new mirrors?

In the end these are cheap Chinese mirrors that they are probably getting for under $10 a set. If they can't afford to send a set out to make a situation right then that isn't a company I want to deal with.
I hear you and I'm on your side. What I was trying to say is: buying from a place you are not sure can only create issues, like the one you have on hand. :)

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
That's too bad. But I think Limotinted probably felt comfortable buying from them, because many of us have given them a thumbs up. I have had 2 sets of their mirrors, both black and chrome, and I love them both. And I've said that previously, as had other members. This is one of those things where you never know until it happens. For all we know, Dennis Kirk is the same way. I'm currently trying to get Chapparal Motorsports to answer their dang e-mail so I can file a claim, and again, others have recommended them on this site. You just never know...

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
You have a level of protection with Paypal, check your account details.

Nick
hey nick good thinking ...

here in the uk has anyone else found a courier wont accept responsibility for damaged goods if you just signed for them...a few years back ..twice had aggravation....so

next time i said well you'll have to wait while i open them to check...etc...can't open them sir without signing for them...catch22 :mad:

so spoke to a legal friend....easy says he...just sign but write 'unchecked' - done deal ...they can't have it both ways - they either wait or accept liability [some companies say you have to notify them in 24 hrs]...so to this day my signature is Unchecked with a flourish...never had a problem since with a claim :D

probably stable door story but hope you get that one sorted - there problem is not your emergency!! - thanks for the warning

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Their claim with FedEx is not my problem. Does that fact that they won't send them until they resolve it with FedEx mean that if their claim is denied they won't be sending me new mirrors?
Sounds like this is exactly what their doing! I'm behind you 100% I bought some turn signals that didn't fit the other day for $30 and someone on here told me to just eat the cost and that $30 is nothing. Stick to your guns you deserve your money back or a mirror. It's B.S you are being penalized because fed ex broke your mirror.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's too bad. But I think Limotinted probably felt comfortable buying from them, because many of us have given them a thumbs up. I have had 2 sets of their mirrors, both black and chrome, and I love them both. And I've said that previously, as had other members. This is one of those things where you never know until it happens. For all we know, Dennis Kirk is the same way. I'm currently trying to get Chapparal Motorsports to answer their dang e-mail so I can file a claim, and again, others have recommended them on this site. You just never know...
Exactly, the mirrors themselves are ok other than the one being broken. They aren't high quality but I wasn't expecting it for the money. If they had arrived in one piece I'm sure I would have been satisfied and ordered from them in the future.

But what ended up happening is that they showed up broken and they've given me a big screw you on them. Which sucks because I'm sure I would have ordered more mirrors from them. My $150 set of mirrors look like crap after a year because I live at the beach. I figured for $30 if they lasted 6 months I'd get new ones a couple times a year and still be ahead. Back to the drawing board I guess. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for them to finish this up. My guess is it's close to the end of the month before I see new mirrors, if at all.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
I ordered a black set from them for a friend who just bought a Black Shadow. They were pretty good I thought as far as quality. he likes them. I am sorry you are getting screwed man.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still getting jerked around on this. I got a hold of them today and asked if the FedEx claim was declined if that meant I wouldn't be getting replacement mirrors. They didn't directly answer but said these claims are "never declined". I asked if they were never declined why are they waiting until it's resolved to ship me the mirrors I paid for and was told it's "company policy".

So at this point they will not refund my money on a defective product and will not ship me another one until they are done dealing with FedEx. Total crap customer service and the employees either don't care or aren't empowered to do anything other than pass the buck.

Bottom line, buy from them if you want, but if anything shows up damaged don't say I didn't warn you. They'll never get another dollar out of me.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
You know, it sucks! I am getting older and when I was a young guy people bent over backwards to make it right. In the age of internet, the company gets worldwide exposure and a few people pissed doesn't bother them. In the old days in a small town for example they couldn't afford bad publicity.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I for one will never use this company after reading this thread. Company policy or not you're getting jerked around. If the mirror broke they didn't pack it properly. ** I just googled demonscycles to check them out and right under them in the google search was a Harley forum blasting demons for their horrible customer service and lack of responsibility, basicly they blame everything on bad shipping.** Google demonscycle sucks, demonscycles bad customer service. From what i've read the owner Tom is a d!ck and knows it and just doesn't care if he p!sses off his customers.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I for one will never use this company after reading this thread. Company policy or not you're getting jerked around. If the mirror broke they didn't pack it properly. ** I just googled demonscycles to check them out and right under them in the google search was a Harley forum blasting demons for their horrible customer service and lack of responsibility, basicly they blame everything on bad shipping.**
ditto tom....don't ya love companies doing so well they can say kiss my ^rse

then over here we get motorcycle shops blaming the recession but don't stay open past 12nn on a saturday [tradition] just when the money is footloose and cashed up

if times are tough... open on sundays even and close on monday...hey hairdressers learnt that years ago...

anyway...this lot look like the good times are coming to an end but can't see it :D

1 - 20 of 55 Posts