RS Warrior Forum banner
  • Warrior of the Quarter Challenge 23Q1! Enter your bike HERE
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

· Premium Member
2,089 Posts
I am old enough to remember when customer service was king! I miss those days. Remember when you went to a gas station and never got out of the car? They checked your oil, cleaned your windshield for free and put gas in the car at .60 cents a gallon or so. Usually chatted a little. It was like that at every gas station. Now we get out in the weather and have learned how to gas our own car up for $4.00 a gallon! Slide a card and not see anyone.

· Registered
1,047 Posts
I am old enough to remember when customer service was king! I miss those days. Remember when you went to a gas station and never got out of the car? They checked your oil, cleaned your windshield for free and put gas in the car at .60 cents a gallon or so. Usually chatted a little. It was like that at every gas station. Now we get out in the weather and have learned how to gas our own car up for $4.00 a gallon! Slide a card and not see anyone.
I worked at my brother-in-law's Standard station in Denver in the early 70's and I'd do all that and check the air in your tires as well - weather be damned!

· Registered
264 Posts
If I were you I'd send them back now. "Okay, now I've got a product of yours that I'm unhappy with that isn't 'damaged' and I want a full refund."

This kind of stuff makes me mad. I feel like calling them up and telling them that I want to order $5k worth of stuff from them... but then canceling at the last minute because I know their post sale customer service is terrible and I'm going to save myself a headache and order it from a "reputable" company.

We should all start sending them emails saying that we were going to buy stuff from them but then heard that they're service is among the worst in the retail industry.

I don't claim to know everything about good customer service and retail management, but I do have a degree in it, and about 5 years worth of solid retail management experience. I've since gotten out of it, but my philosophy was that I was going to do what ever it took to keep our customers happy, especially if the problem started on our end. If the product was defective, or even if it just didn't satisfy them, I always took care of them. It's just so easier to give someone another one. I didn't have time to argue, and truthfully I didn't care. I just wanted my customers to be happy. Happy customers keep your doors open.

If any of you have a problem with a retail chain store's manager, do yourself and everyone else a favor and find out what their district managers cell phone number is. The DM doesn't care about 'our company policy'. They get extremely pissed if one of their managers doesn't take care of their customers. Why? Because most retail chains have rules about official complaints, and they can only have so many per year... like 3, before huge fingers are pointed and people get fired. You will be taken care of if you call the DM. Trust me. And the management staff at the store you were shopping in will be forced to take care of you... and the best part is that you can have an "I told you so" look on your face the whole time.

FYI, I worked for Harbor Freight Tools as a manager, and at Advance Auto Parts; both of which allowed me to use the "take care of the customer" attitude that I had.

End of my rant, lol.

· Registered
3,663 Posts
limo I think you won, I have no plans on ordering anything from these guys either. you probably cost these guys a few hundred bucks

· Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Thanks guys! Still gets me mad thinking about how rude they were on the phone. And it cost them more than a few hundred, my buddy was about to order a frame from them, for a custom they're doing at the shop, he decided to get it elsewhere after the way they jerked me around... Doing the right thing would have been much cheaper for them.

· Registered
4,896 Posts
wow thats too bad Limo!

my experience went perfectly, but my mirrors arrived safely.
I totally support your concern, the issue IS between the vendor and fed-x or UPS, certainly not the customer....hope you get this worked out brother!

· Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
They have a "F" rating through the Better Business Bureau
http://www.bbb.org/south-east-flori...tom-cycles-south-in-pompano-beach-fl-30005550

Found this one on the hdfourm thread about Demon Cycles, which is 63 pages of people getting screwed by them. If you considered buying from them before even after my experience this will probably change your mind. F-ing crooks
DEMONS CYCLE JUNK!!! - Harley Davidson Forums
Originally Posted by sapper101
I am a active duty Marine that just returned from yet ANOTHER combat tour in Afghanistan. During my first months of my deployment I got online (something we barely got to do out there) to order a new frame for my bike from demon cycles (of course I didn't know about their reputation at the time). I went on the online support messenger and asked them if the motor from my Super Glide would fit the rolling chassis that I wanted. After I gave them all the info they needed they did a check and said that the frame DOES works with the motor. After confirming my order I recieved a email saying that I had to call demons to confirm my order again so after a few days I finally got a chance to use the satellite phone (another thing we very rarely got to do) and I called them. After yet again confirming the motor will fit the frame I completed my order. At this point between mortar attacks, going on mission and almost getting my a$$ shot off by the taliban in my spare time all I could think about is getting home and rebuilding my bike. Fast forward 7 months. I get home excited and see the crate in the storage shed so my roommates, some friends (who are no $hit accomplished bike builders/fabricators by the way) and I tear into the boxes, throw the frame on the lift and after we looked at it for a minute we realized that there was no way it was going to fit. We even measured it from every angle that we could think of. We kicked around the idea of cutting and fabbing the frame up again but after more measuremets it still wouldn't work. So I call demons, talk to the guy on the phone, explain my situation and I'm quickly told that they don't have anything for EVO motors and because of the 30 day return policy they couldn't help me. I didn't even want to return it just possibly exchange it for a frame that fits. He puts me through to the claims department and the young lady there even though she seemed to understand my situation said that she would "see what she could do". After I had to call them and call them and call them I finally get the final FU from them. Then they had the ***** to tell me that if I took care of it within 30 days of delivery then they would have done something. My question is this, how the [email protected]%& and I supposed to return a item I haven't seen yet from 10,000 miles from home. Anyway, demon cycles sucks and I really wish I never dealt with them. F&^* DEMON CYCLES!

· Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Funny they are not fixing this for you. I just had a problem with Home Depot on some appliances, told the manager I wasn't happy, but would pay the fee they wanted to charge me, promised to never step in a Home Depot again, and promised to write my story on every web blog I could find. He backed off quickly and comped the install of all the appliances. The installer, who listened to my reasoned conversation with the manager said it was the threat to blog the world that caused him to back off. Whatever it was, I'm satisfied that I got what I needed, and satisfied with the remedy. That's the difference with customer service - Home Depot listened to a reasonable arguement, Demon doesn't give a crap.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.