RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear community,

I recently found a motorcycle that I like and I need your help and advice, I heard that buying a car from Poland could be tricky.

I know that a lot of countries including Poland bring bikes from the US and sell them registered in the EU
The bike I found is a 2008 Yamaha warrior with 7767 miles on it where the price that I negotiated is average compared to the Polish prices but definitely ~1000eur cheaper than the prices I found in Germany.
The owner answered all my question in details. He said he owned the bike for 3 years and he says it's in perfect mechanical condition. I asked if it was involved in a crash, he said the bike came from the US with a damage in the GAS tank but he fixed it. On pictures so far the bike fits my needs and looks in quite decent condition.

Anyway I need your advice on?
* What should I be aware of before buying the bike?
* Do professional experts in Poland(Krakow) exist, I mean experts that would come with me to make sure I close the deal without any legal traps?
* Is there a possibility to take the bike to Police or an authority to make sure the bike is not stolen or similar?
* What could possibly go wrong? it's a Motorcycle not a car.

Best thing I could do as a foreigner is visit Krakow, inspect the bike @ Yamaha and if everything is as expected I could take it. ofcourse I would check if the bike is registered in his name or a bank.

What else do you advise me to do?

Many thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
10,729 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You should get some answers here soon.
For looking at the bike. These motors are really tough and reliable. If it was not abused you should be able to get many years of use out of it. Some members here have had theirs for 10 years and some have 100,000 miles or more. If you can post any pictures or a link to the bike seller it may help some answers.

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
I would check with the authorities in Germany as well to see what is required to license your bike in Germany if brought in from another country. I believe that you will probably require the original exhaust for mechanical inspection so it would be an idea to make sure that you can get the original exhaust with the EU compliance stamped on it, if not you may have trouble finding a stock exhaust if it is not on the bike or the owner will not provide it to you with the sale of the bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks guys.

The reason I asked is that the EU is full of Polish vehicles with some kind of Fraud (Stolen, cut, damaged, odometer changed etc.)
=> nothing against Polish, lots of other European countries have similar issues as well.

Anyway back to the topic.
Now I decided to look at two bikes, one in Poland and the other in Germany.

- The Polish bike:
YAMAHA WARRIOR XV1700 ROK 2008 *** IDEAŁ!!! **** (5286723724) - Allegro.pl - Więcej niż aukcje.

@ Wizzy: for the Polish bike I will definitely track your links, many thanks.

- The German bike:
Yamaha Warrior XV1700PC as Motorcycle in Kaiserslautern

The German bike is not registered in Germany yet and buying it means a lot of effort to register it.

@HarryMarsch: I am thinking about registering it in Germany rather than in Austria.

@Christok, checking is valid, I am trying to find all kinds of information online.. nevertheless even if the bike is modified and has no stock exhaust or any other parts wouldn't it be sufficient if I just give it to the German TUV to run their inspection and if it passes I register?

So far I know that for registering a bike in Germany I might have to exchanges the headlight and signals with caps or full parts that indicate the label ECE.

@rcoligan2, all: Since you mentioned reliability please enlighten me more when it comes to the warrior .. I became a fan of the warrior only cause it catched my eye on pictures.
So far I like 3 different bikes 1.RS warrior 2.HD breakout 3. HD v-rod muscle.
Without hatred to HD, how would you compare those bikes when it comes to price, running costs and reliability?
HD is just more popular and sells better in the market.

Today a mechanic told me the wildstar is a better bike, my reaction was how come? he said its also better for customizing.
=> your opinion?

My intention from buying the warrior is to drive it then make my own project and customize it with a 300 rear tire. for this I would open a new thread later on.
=> from your experience, would you pt a 300 rear tire on a warrior?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@HarryMarsch, since you are from Germany, how do you estimate the warrior price in Germany nowadays? is the bike wanted in the market?

·
Premium Member
10,729 Posts
As for the Wildstar being more customizable. It may be due to the region you are in or parts availability or that the warrior is no longer made. Others in your area will have to chime in on that. As reliability goes. The early year models had some recalls nothing that should scare you away though. The Harleys would probably cost you more. Yes there have been a few 300mm tire warriors and Christok is making a 330mm.

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
I have both a Warrior and a 2009 FatBob and a 2009 custom chopper. irrespective of the Harley haters i think from a reliability point of view the new Harley's are very reliable and from partaking on many forums there are issues with warriors and there are issues with Harley's. the thing I like about the harley is that it is very easy to find a Harley mechanic almost anywhere you go without having to go to a Harley dealer. Today it is harder to find someone who works on Yamaha's other than the dealer however this forum is a great place for technical help and you have to consider that the warrior is no longer made and as such parts to repair or customize the warrior may be more expensive to find than parts for Harley's especially in Europe. Remember people we are lookng at someone living in Europe not North america.
with respect to going fat the breakout and the vrod already have 240 tires on the back however if you want to go to a 280 or larger it could be quite expensive and is probably cheaper to go fat on a Warrior (above 240) than on a Harley

·
Registered
949 Posts
Speaking about prices is pretty difficult due to the fact that the Warrior is very seldom in germany (yamaha imported officially 521 in the years 2002 to 2005).
So the worth of the bike is set by the money you wanna spend.
I bought mine back in 2007 for €9500 but had traded in an old xvs650 so i had to pay 7 grand. At my point of view it was a bargain (2003 with 1300 Km) because you get tons of fun with this eyecatching powercruiser.
The wildstar is a very reliable cruiser with tons of customizing opportunities.
The warrior engine is based on the wildstar engine.
But the warrior engine has more cui, horsepower, speed and torque.
Check the europen forum too to see what the others are going to say.
There you can find some inspiration....

To get the german TÜV you will need an other exhaust.
The v&h longshots (polish warrior) do not have needed engravings.
How much is it in €?

What about the price of the german one?
Would you spend so much money? Or are you looking for a cheaper one?

If you are going to sell the bike later you will get more out of harley.
But the warrior is a very reliable bike what doesn't cost a fortune to keep it running...in my case. I have ridden it 70.000 km in the last years and beside some tires, oil and a lot of gasoline there were no extra costs. Still have the first clutch, first belt, first engine....and believe me, i'm not the one who is giving her more care than she needs....i ride her, give her gas and oil and that's it...!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Many thanks guys, great info.
Due to the price and running costs, I believe I would stick to the warrior for the time being (it's my first bike after all).
I am a person who likes to get his hands dirty and I am confident I will be reviewing the forums here and would try to fix the bike by myself before going to a mechanic.

Speaking about prices is pretty difficult due to the fact that the Warrior is very seldom in germany (yamaha imported officially 521 in the years 2002 to 2005).
So the worth of the bike is set by the money you wanna spend.
I bought mine back in 2007 for €9500 but had traded in an old xvs650 so i had to pay 7 grand. At my point of view it was a bargain (2003 with 1300 Km) because you get tons of fun with this eyecatching powercruiser.
The wildstar is a very reliable cruiser with tons of customizing opportunities.
The warrior engine is based on the wildstar engine.
But the warrior engine has more cui, horsepower, speed and torque.
Check the europen forum too to see what the others are going to say.
There you can find some inspiration....

To get the german TÜV you will need an other exhaust.
The v&h longshots (polish warrior) do not have needed engravings.
How much is it in €?

What about the price of the german one?
Would you spend so much money? Or are you looking for a cheaper one?

If you are going to sell the bike later you will get more out of harley.
But the warrior is a very reliable bike what doesn't cost a fortune to keep it running...in my case. I have ridden it 70.000 km in the last years and beside some tires, oil and a lot of gasoline there were no extra costs. Still have the first clutch, first belt, first engine....and believe me, i'm not the one who is giving her more care than she needs....i ride her, give her gas and oil and that's it...!
The Polish one is a 2008 model and I settled the negotiations to 6000 EUR and the owner refused to negotiate further. I just found Polish warrior owners and they helped in a lot of info, but they doubt the bike is healthy with the 6k price.
They also informed me that the Polish bikes have to be pass ECE as well so transferring a Polish warrior to Germany would be easy.

The bike I found in Germany is a 2009 model and on the phone I said I found a bike in Poland for 6k so the dealer said 6.5k eur for his bike, the owner is a dealer but does not have experience with bikes, he said its the first bike he got .. from my perspective since the dealer said the CUSTOMS duty is already paid and seems the bike needs only registration and TUV inspection then it might be a good deal as well. next weekend I will go to Germany and will inspect the bike at Yamaha, if the inspection comes out in perfect condition as the dealer says then I will try to negotiate to 6000 eur.

No I would not spend that much, I have set my budget to 6k eur for the bike and ~500 maybe for finalizing ownership stuff.. and I do want the bike in quite good condition.

HarryMarsch, do you have a rough idea how much finalizing the bike registration might cost in Germany?

Which ever bike I buy, I will for sure paint it black as I like the midnight warrior style quit much.

So far I know mobile.de is the best for used vehichles, but is there a better website where I could find bikes in Germany?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hi Anasintel

there is a Polish closed discussion group on facebook and the link is below

https://www.facebook.com/groups/309342329226425/

I do not speak Polish so I use a translator to talk to them.
you could ask if they know the bike that is for sale

there is also a euro site where somebody may be able to help you
RS Warrior Europe - HOME

Dave
Dave, this FB group link is really helpful, the admin was quite nice and already filled me up with all the information that I needed.
If the purchase goes to Poland then for sure I will always consult those guys.

·
Registered
949 Posts
HarryMarsch, do you have a rough idea how much finalizing the bike registration might cost in Germany?

So far I know mobile.de is the best for used vehichles, but is there a better website where I could find bikes in Germany?
Sorry dude,

but i don know how much money you will need.
At first you need the german papers (Fahrzeugschein und Fahrzeugbrief).
Then you need to change all the lights (flashers too).
You need a red cateye in the back.
The german TÜV is around € 66 afaik.
You need a new exhaust (at least for the time to get the TÜV).

Check those yamaha guys what they say about the costs....

Even if this site will have almost the same offers you can check here too: http:www.autoscout24.de/motorrad
or here: motorrad2000.de - Europas Nr.1 für Gebrauchtmotorräder und Roller vom Vertragshändler. Über 2500 Händler. Motorrad mieten...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts