RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm all new to the Warrior site. I just bought a 2002 from my cousin. He installed a low profile rear 200 on it & I dont like the look of it. There is too much of a gap between the tire & the fender & I cant afford an air kit yet.Are there any websites where I can find some stock Metzelers or Michelins that you guys shop on?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
There is no such thing as low-profile. All 200 series tires will have a very similar profile. You only option for closing the tire/fender gap is lowering the bike. 200 series tires are sport or sport touring. They don't come in old-fashioned thick sidewalls.

·
Registered
185 Posts
+1 BHW. Many of us who can't afford air kits us the flip-n-grind method or adjustable links (my choice. kit by RAM396) As far as tires, Avon Storms, Southwest Moto http://www.swmototires.com.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just put another Bridgestone Battleax on the rear. $147 shipped from motoxoutlet. Not too sure if they're the best choice as far as durability...I only got 3,500 miles out of it and cords were showing. Sounds like a lot of guys prefer the Avon storms. I'll likely go for a set of those next time around.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I think ya'll are missing the point. He thinks the rear tire is lower profile than stock, and wants a thick tire. The 200 on his bike IS stock. He has no intentions of buying Avons newest Storm.

·
Registered
218 Posts
you could mount a 210 on the stock rim which will raise the profile some but will not give the same handling as the 200. as for price I found if you strike up the right relation with a local dealer it gives me about a 15% discount and better price on mounting which gets pretty close to online discounts plus shipping and mounting costs of bringing in a tire to get it mounted.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The stock rear is a 200/50/17, Dunlop makes a 200/60/17 which has a very noticable difference in diameter & how it fills up the ear fender. A 210/50/17 will also fill it up nicely.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
quote:Originally posted by section8

you could mount a 210 on the stock rim which will raise the profile some but will not give the same handling as the 200. as for price I found if you strike up the right relation with a local dealer it gives me about a 15% discount and better price on mounting which gets pretty close to online discounts plus shipping and mounting costs of bringing in a tire to get it mounted.
thats strange cause i dropped a 210 on mine and couldnt tell a bit of difference and have heard guys talk about how their is only a slight difference with the 240 but not enough to matter. ..... you can do a flip and grind for free or buy the lowering links which will be cheaper than a tire if you dont like the gap

·
Registered
19 Posts
well im on my 2nd avon st storm rear tire, very happy now... i have been getting 2100 to 3200 miles on everything out there... my 1st storm i got over 7k on it before i changed it... best tire out there i have found, and for just 137.00. every month i was having to get a new tire, i ride alot and mostly curvy roads, i live clost to 129 and im up there often and all of east tn and western nc.. do the storm dude!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts