RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ether my bottom is out of shape or my bike has a bad buzz over 80 mph

anyone else notice a huge increase in buzz from 75 to 80between 80 and 90very bad

I did 200 miles saturday bike felt great till i went just over 80. then the seat buzzed bad at around 90 ish it was very smooth again. I dont remember it ever doing that before.

I have did some hard very long rides on bike i summer and spring 2 iron butts (1500miles + in 36 hour)and did not notice it but i never really got over speed limit while out of state.

I did put a new tire on at the end of last fall. (rear) had it balance but when i got home notice there was no weights on it. The shop said it did not need any was in balance.

The bike has had miles put on it ever week at least a few anyway. Has not been setting collecting dust. in the late fall and winter.

any suggestions welcome

·
Administrator
29,687 Posts
Mine has a summer buzz from 80-ish to 95-ish then its smooth up past 125. Before the redline it starts getting cranky again. I think this was different when I had the prior exhaust and I've wondered if the exhaust selection has something to do with this buzz. Plus when I rode home two years ago from Street Vibrations in Reno, it rained all 600 miles. I only had it to 80 once for a few minutes but I remember the buzz didn't start. I backed off when I realized how stupid that was, but it later made me wonder if percentage ofmoisture in the airhas anything to do with it. BTW many V2's have similar.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm a mechanic, and this reminds me of the days when I worked on cars for a living. People would come into the dealership and complain about a noise or vibration. Then they would add that it only does it at 90mph. My response was always. "Ok, don't go 90 miles per hour" I wasn't going to risk getting a speeding ticket test driving somebody elses car.

But frieken seriously....Are you regulararly going 85 plus miles per hour? If you are how is it possible you don't have a stack of speeding tickets? Here in Minnesota they'll pull you over for doing 10mph over the speed limit. If you were caught doing 90, it'd be a huge fine.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I really don't mean to sound like a buzz kill, but in most states you will lose your drivers license if a cop catches you going 125mph. Also thats insanely fast for a United States highway. If a deer or something ran out in front of you, you'd have no chance. You'd be dead.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
No, I have not experienced an increased buzz in my butt at any specific speeds. The bike seems to run very solid and very smooth at all speeds. Of course, I don't know if I would notice a buzz in my butt when I'm going 90 - 110 mph. I'm concentrating solely on staying alive when traveling that fast.

·
Administrator
29,687 Posts
Ummm, you realize the vast odds are you're dead at 65mph too. Statistically speaking. In AZ NM NV OR WA MT ID UT TX there are roads where you're alone for miles. There are open roads and freeways with 75+ posted speed limits andlaws (like in Oregon and Arizona) that state you have a 5mph grace margin (making a 75mph zone an 80mph zone). In NV AZ NM there are roads in the open desert, sometimes nearly straight as a ruler for fifty miles, and the state patrol runs at 100. No we're notcrazy enough to run 125 for very long (you always run out of viable road fast) or in a populated area, especially on a V2 cruiser. ButI'm not worried about getting killed by hitting a deer at 125 versus 65, its likely the same outcome either way. Besides, obstructed road view doesn't qualify for fast runs. Plus sometimes its fun to drag race yourself, alone, just to see how many seconds it takes to get to 125. For thatI like places like Pyramid Lake (Reno) Nevada from (yes its true) Warrior Point where the paved road starts, back toward town, there's a couple mile straight stretch that's often empty, making it a solid ride once checking for the reservation police.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yeah, you could just as likely hit a deer or some other animal at 65mph, but the whole point is, you will be able to stop faster or have the oppertunity to make an evasive manuver at 65mph vs 120mph. You make it sound like there is no difference in danger between 65 and 120. That is simply false.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Scoper50 said:
But frieken seriously....Are you regulararly going 85 plus miles per hour?

Around here 85mph is just keeping up on the freeway--and you would get run over doing anything less than 75mph.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
The Phoenix Area Freeways are the same as long as traffinc is moving. lol

Route 66 to Flagstaff is always a wide open ride, 80+....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that is my quesiton no i dont fly down roads at 100+

but touring in a area with posted speed limits of 75. you have to hold about 80-83 to day with traffic. At around 80 my butt buzz comes.. not a big deal if your going 5 miles but if your are doing 2000 milesthen yes it will take it toll on you. I would like to find the source of viberation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts