RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's possible to bypass the reserve pump and tank on a 05 warrior, I was trying to repair the fuel light sensor and had the pump assembly sitting on a table and it fell off broke the nipple for the fuel line. Have done everything possible to repair it. But would like to know if it's possible to bypass the fuel tank, I don't have the absurd amount of money to by a new one so I am in the process of fabricating a new assembly with copper pipe, plate, silver solder

·
Premium Member
8,542 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your question and perhaps it's a keying error.
That's the F.I. Pump in the reserve tank and the bike doesn't run w/o it!
The broken plastic nipple can be repaired using a new brass fitting (barb) and 2-part epoxy. More than a handful of members have done this fix over the years that I've been a member here.
Suggest you do a Search using the forum tool and you'll get hits with various queries.
gl

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that, I have already tried the barb repair the reason why I say the barb wouldn't work is because upon further inspection it was not just the nipple that broke off it cracked from the far edge all the way to the nipple mount, I tried grinding it with a scuff pad and epoxying it and the didn't work, I tried 2 part epoxy, gorilla epoxy, marine epoxy, and believe it or not super glue. None appeared to work I did indeed wait the specified times before trying. So far from thought process I'm sure there would be no way to bypass the reserve tank and making it gravity fed, just trying to find a way to ride until the new mount assembly is fabricated by a Fab shop. Took the broken one to a Fab shop and to have it madeat a Fab shop only cost 60$ compared to 400$

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the metals I took to the Fab shop are non ferrous metals far as I can remember, 3/8 copper pipe 1/4" thick copper plate, and 50% silver solder wire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I thought gravity fed would not be enough psi to run the injectors but didn't know for sure and was looking for clarification

·
Administrator
27,897 Posts
In addition to ^^^^ it might be helpful to know at least two members successfully removed the underseat tank and pump, and plumbed-in a conventional electric fuel pump with same stats. One mounted it in the void above the swingarm in front and above the tire. There are/were picture threads that should still exist. Try criteria such as: aftermarket fuel pump.

I'll search right now while I have a minute and will add here if found, but you should search too, there are some threads about why some attempts failed and it might be handy to know wassup.

Also, the stock fuel pump assembly with shell and pump is as you know part# 5PX-13907-00-00. I stumbled across a used unit on ebay for $255: ebay 5PX-13907-00-00 - Google Search

Additionally the manufacturer's part# for just the electric pump was floated in a few such threads. If your pump still runs, don't run it while dry, set it aside. There are cases out there where someone's pump motor failed and they have the shell case in good shape. Maybe try calling pinwall cycle parts on ebay using 5PX-13907-00-00 plastic case only?

SEPARATE from this. These complete fuel pumps pop-up on our free classifieds every once in awhile, often without the sensor rod. So save your intake filter and the rod and sensor and screw and hoses etc. But also save the old empty shell, its surprising how helpful it can be pending solution.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are a god bud. I got my bike back up and running the fabricated part worked flawlessly. There were some modifications done to allow the wiring to come through without grounding out. But what the shop and I done and I will update with schematics for anyone else here that finds themselves in the same boat. But what was done was took a thick copper plate cut it the same size, drilled holes and fit copper fittings through and soldered it in place, and drilled a smaller hole and fed the wire through, and put a “gland fitting,” through the hole and when tightened sealed the wire in, no leaks and works flawlessly. I’m sure someone else can make this out of plastic. And just to let everyone know every part was gas resistant pieces.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And yea I seen the one on eBay for 255 $ but that part looked worse then the one I replaced and not sure if everyone knew this or not but upon breaking the old one down there is a filter inside the plastics that are mounted in place I wouldn’t pay over 150$ for one unless it was “brand new” as seeing the filter in mine only had 12k miles on it and it looked pretty bad. So the most I would pay for a used one would be 60-80$ Since there is no way to replace the internal filter in the plastic unit without breaking it. But with the new design I done you can replace the filter and replace the filter on the pump it’s self. IMO just a all in all better design all around

1 - 13 of 13 Posts