RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brothers and Sisters,
I'm looking for some help here.
I had to lay the bike down last night. Guy in a truck pulled out in front of me, i locked up the rear brake and ultimately laid it down on the left side.

I need your help to get it ride-able again.
I need a left side foot peg and a clutch lever.

Also, if there are any tips on tank repair, I'd appreciate it.

Sorry for the pictures. I took them in a rush this morning on the way to work.

On the bright side, no major injuries, just some bumps and scrapes.

Be safe out there!

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
DesertRider;

-I believe I have a new left side foot peg if you are using the OEM stuff.
I am not sure on the lever, either way you are welcome to them. PM me
your info and I will get it out to you.

Glad you are not hurt as the material stuff can be repaired/replaced. As for
the tank dent(s). I would have it done by a professional at a really good body
shop. When it is done you will never be able to tell the difference.

Take care, heal up and PM me. Ride Safe everyone!!
Rg

·
Registered
815 Posts
Sucks. Glad you're ok

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i'm ok. a couple scrapes and bruises but nothing major.
thanks for all the support.
Infidel is hooking me up with some pegs.
I found an OEM lever online, it's on the way.
I'll tear into it this weekend and see what else is required.

I will probably need new grips and new mirrors. but those hopefully are purely cosmetic and aren't urgent.

·
Registered
251 Posts
-Fella's, I am able to hook DesertRider up with a set of new pegs but
I do not have the clutch lever.

If ANYONE can help a brother out with this lever chime in!
Thanks.
Rg

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
-Fella's, I am able to hook DesertRider up with a set of new pegs but
I do not have the clutch lever.

If ANYONE can help a brother out with this lever chime in!
Thanks.
Rg
I got a clutch lever on order. should have it in a few days.

I'll tear into bike this weekend and determine the mechanical needs vrs the cosmetic wants and see if anything else is required.

I appreciate everyone chiming in and helping out. Truly a brotherhood i'm proud to be apart of.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Glad ur ok bro...

Wish I could help with parts but dont have any spares.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorry to hear about your fall and glad you're ok! I'm not able to help with parts at the moment but given that its snowing like crazy here in NY and they put salt on the roads, I'm putting the bike away for the winter this weekend and will be starting on winter mods soon. I assume that you don't have any down time in CA but I will reach out when I get things stripped down and parts ordered if you still have something you're missing.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to hear about your fall and glad you're ok! I'm not able to help with parts at the moment but given that its snowing like crazy here in NY and they put salt on the roads, I'm putting the bike away for the winter this weekend and will be starting on winter mods soon. I assume that you don't have any down time in CA but I will reach out when I get things stripped down and parts ordered if you still have something you're missing.
I appreciate that. I'm going to tear into her this weekend and see what else i may need.
good luck on winter mods.
what are you planning?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gent's
got into the bike this weekend.
Bars are not bent, (which is huge)
scuff on swing arm. Touch up paint should handle that.
Passenger footbeg needed to be filed and cleaned up, that's done.

One last piece i think i'm in need of is the left side driver foot peg mount.
See image.
If anyone has one floating around maybe from a parts bike or something, i'd be very interested in purchasing. Please let me know what you have.
I would like to avoid buying new as it's an entire assembly that i don't really need.

thanks all!

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
I appreciate that. I'm going to tear into her this weekend and see what else i may need.
good luck on winter mods.
what are you planning?

Looks like you have things nicely underway with the fix!

As far as my winter mod list, I've got a bunch I want to get to! After I strip her down and clean the nooks and crannies, I'm doing new bars, mirrors, SS lines, brakes, integrated tail light, DIY fender eliminator, lowering the back end, 3" forward control extensions, left side clean up and probably the Barons Tear Drop cover for the right side now that the coffin in gone. I've got a couple other things on the back burner depending on how everything else goes and what kind of time I have. I'm finishing up a rebuild of my garage right now so it will be heated, organized and properly set up as a work shop for the winter so I can take care of the bike and do some work on my Tacoma. It's gonna be a big winter and this is the first year I've actually looked forward to putting the bike up for the season!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like you have things nicely underway with the fix!

As far as my winter mod list, I've got a bunch I want to get to! After I strip her down and clean the nooks and crannies, I'm doing new bars, mirrors, SS lines, brakes, integrated tail light, DIY fender eliminator, lowering the back end, 3" forward control extensions, left side clean up and probably the Barons Tear Drop cover for the right side now that the coffin in gone. I've got a couple other things on the back burner depending on how everything else goes and what kind of time I have. I'm finishing up a rebuild of my garage right now so it will be heated, organized and properly set up as a work shop for the winter so I can take care of the bike and do some work on my Tacoma. It's gonna be a big winter and this is the first year I've actually looked forward to putting the bike up for the season!
Sounds like quite the mod list. I would suggest the KyleNV hidden caliper mount and motor mount as part of your left side clean-up.
I did the VBAK and the akitadogg coil bracket, integrated tail, diy eliminator, already had drag bars. I like the bar end mirrors, i get so much visibility and love the lower profile without mirrors sticking up.
I have no further mods planned for the bike aside from a stiffer rear spring. I have no plans for a wide rear tire or custom rear fender.
I ride 2-up from time to time

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Glad you are ok! Sorry about the bike!
thanks. yes, it could have been way worse. For the bike or me. Happy to be able to walk away from it. and bike was mostly ride-able right after, except for driver foot peg. i was lucky in that i was within a few tenths of a mile from home.

Hopefully my parts arrive soon, then will talk to a body shop on what tank repairs will be, and paint all around.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone have an OEM midnight shift pedal? mine is bent, not sure how to go about straightening it out. I know a lot of stock parts can snap pretty easy when trying to change their bend. Input or lead on replacement appreciated.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts