RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and greetings to all.
I have an 03, ive read the forums for days before posting. I see with the cps problem That most have is at speed so I don’t know if that’s my problem.
Once I start the bike it’ll run fine for about five mins,then it will shut off and won’t start for a while. I can’t ride it but about a mile then it shuts off. New battery and I monitor voltage during crank. Also that motor by the exhaust keeps clicking when the bike is off. I think it is for the exhaust.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
The clicking noise is the DCS. It’s doing that because you don’t have stock blinkers and the excess energy generated is shunted there.

not sure about it cutting off.

thinking about it, I would lean towards a fuel issue. If it was electrical it would either run (even if it ran poorly) or not run. Especially since it starts after sitting. That kind of rules out a short.

when you turn on the key, does it cycle properly before you hit the start switch? Are you allowing the system time to pressurize? Any other fuel symptoms you notice?

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Have u done any mods lately?.?.?
What mods are on the bike?.?
The more info that u can provide us
Makes it easier to help ....

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stock turn signals were deleted.
no recent mods. I don’t know if the exhaust is stuck gutted or aftermarket cause that’s how it was when I bought it, exhaust is completely wrapped and I do know there are no baffles in it.
Aftermarket air intake. I’ll get some pics. I’ve worked on sport bikes forever. Never had a problem on this till now. Also it’s always had a tapping noise. So many people say it’s normal but it doesn’t sound right to me

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes fuel pump makes noise at key switch.
Not really a mess under the seat, charger was hooked up, and lil computer box was unstrapped.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
The dry breaks are
1 is behind the left Side cover
2 is under the seat by the edge of tqnk..

What you do is undo them spray a some
WD40 on the female side and reconnect them and u should hear a click

·
Administrator
27,859 Posts
What they said, plus lift the top fuel tank and verify the rubber vent hose (from underseat dry break running towards front underneath the top fuel tank) is not kinked. This trouble-symptom sounds like vacuum is being created inside the top tank so fuel does not flow.

The dry breaks are
1 is behind the left Side cover
2 is under the seat by the edge of tank..

What you do is undo them spray a some
WD40 on the female side and reconnect them and u should hear a click

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What they said, plus lift the top fuel tank and verify the rubber vent hose (from underseat dry break running towards front underneath the top fuel tank) is not kinked. This trouble-symptom sounds like vacuum is being created inside the top tank so fuel does not flow.
would correcting the dry break possibly fix this vaccum scenario

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
You want to make sure you that the dry breaks are clean inside, no nicks on the o-rings and squirt some WD-40 inside and push down till you heard them click in place. This is probably what is making you bike turn off.
Not to hijack this thread :) but that's from my ride. Where did you find this Heftysmurf?

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
I gave you a Like for that one ;) .. fwiw the link is broken on the new platform and that's an attachment on VS's server fwiw and we can't get to our old attachments … phuck!

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Alan you had a ton of great stuff that I feel will be lost forever. Plus you are selling your bike so you will be moving on in a bit as well. Sucks

1 - 20 of 86 Posts