RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,516 Posts
Oops, just saw your video and you don't have the Yami aftermarket Compression Release Cover.
You might want to remove the Compression Release Cover and observe if the solenoid is operating when the engine is Hot. With my V&H Big Shots it would require partial removal of exhaust. Not sure what you have. There is a Thermistor attached to this component that will prevent it from operating when the solenoid is overheated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Oops, just saw your video and you don't have the Yami aftermarket Compression Release Cover.
You might want to remove the Compression Release Cover and observe if the solenoid is operating when the engine is Hot. With my V&H Big Shots it would require partial removal of exhaust. Not sure what you have. There is a Thermistor attached to this component that will prevent it from operating when the solenoid is overheated.
Can you shed some more light on this, I searched but there are so many articles.

·
Administrator
27,851 Posts
Wellllllll. Bypassed the lcv. It’s riding great now. Rode for an hour. No cel on.
Hey you are right on, great work Sandytows!

You too Iroc, seems your trouble was a failed lcv and super-low rpm, plus cod tossed-in just for fun. What a cocktail. You might remove the lcv hoses from their intake nipples and install a rubber vacuum plug on each separately. Then re-set your warm idle so when it bounces around at warm idle it bounces no lower than 850rpm and only sometimes bounces above 950rpm if at all. And remember to install a cod fix device.

From all the descriptive posts it could also have had drybreak / fuel vent line troubles, but in any even it seems solved now.

Excellent news!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

You too Iroc, seems your trouble was a failed lcv and super-low rpm, plus cod tossed-in just for fun. What a cocktail. You might remove the lcv hoses from their intake nipples and install a rubber vacuum plug on each separately. Then re-set your warm idle so when it bounces around at warm idle it bounces no lower than 850rpm and only sometimes bounces above 950rpm if at all. And remember to install a cod fix device.

From all the descriptive posts it could also have had drybreak / fuel vent line troubles, but in any even it seems solved now.

Excellent news!
Removing coffin and trying to find a kit now. This group is great support!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

Excellent news!
Well I did everything everyone mentioned. Just have to fix the death click today

·
Registered
857 Posts
Wellllllll. Bypassed the lcv. It’s riding great now. Rode for an hour. No cel on.
Glad you found it. Now you have to decide if you want to replace the LCV or just get rid of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well she died on a 2 mile ride tonight. Wouldn’t crank back up like no voltage. Pushed that **** bike a whole mile. Wth

·
Registered
857 Posts
Man that sucks.
This may be related to the click of death issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
now when I hit the start button it only clicks the de compression motor.
checked across the relay, no voltage when the button is hit. The constant side has power, other side doesn’t do anything.

·
Premium Member
8,516 Posts
now when I hit the start button it only clicks the de compression motor.
checked across the relay, no voltage when the button is hit. The constant side has power, other side doesn’t do anything.
The Load side of the Starter Relay that goes to the Starter Motor will only go high if the contact closes from the coil. Perhaps the coil isn't energizing or the device is NG. Put your volt meter across the small gauge wires using proper polarity. Red/White (+) & Blue (-) and check for 12vdc while operating the PB :>)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
The Load side of the Starter Relay that goes to the Starter Motor will only go high if the contact closes from the coil. Perhaps the coil isn't energizing or the device is NG. Put your volt meter across the small gauge wires using proper polarity. Red/White (+) & Blue (-) and check for 12vdc while operating the PB :>)
This I plan on checking after work. Thanks for the wiring colors.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Starter relay was bad. Replaced it with a haybusa relay. Cranks over slow as ****, drags slow as ****, thinking engine problem or battery, voltage drops to 8volts even on charger, rest at12.8

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well she died on a 2 mile ride tonight. Wouldn’t crank back up like no voltage. Pushed that **** bike a whole mile. Wth
Hey Iroc , in the first 5 weeks of owning my Warrior it went through 4 compression solenoids. I’d pull up at a set of lights or on the side of the highway and just stop. The tow truck guys were getting to know me. I went to the local shop and they would put a new one in ( don’t know if genuine or after market ). When it went the 4th time I went to another shop. They put a new one in only to last 4 days. I said to them that with 4 going in such a short time, could it not be something else that is causing the problem. The mechanic got his multimeter out and went all over the electronics, but found nothing wrong. Out of frustration I asked him to check the battery. He said it would be the battery. I said “ just humour this old guy and check it ?”. Low and behold the battery was on its last legs. So I got a new battery and as the bike was under statutory warranty I told them I wasn’t going to pay for it as I’d been sold the bike with a stuffed battery.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Hey Iroc , in the first 5 weeks of owning my Warrior it went through 4 compression solenoids. I’d pull up at a set of lights or on the side of the highway and just stop. The tow truck guys were getting to know me. I went to the local shop and they would put a new one in ( don’t know if genuine or after market ). When it went the 4th time I went to another shop. They put a new one in only to last 4 days. I said to them that with 4 going in such a short time, could it not be something else that is causing the problem. The mechanic got his multimeter out and went all over the electronics, but found nothing wrong. Out of frustration I asked him to check the battery. He said it would be the battery. I said “ just humour this old guy and check it ?”. Low and behold the battery was on its last legs. So I got a new battery and as the bike was under statutory warranty I told them I wasn’t going to pay for it as I’d been sold the bike with a stuffed battery.
Dang

41 - 60 of 86 Posts