RS Warrior Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I got the old girl back after it’s incident ( refer to looking for new tank ). She didn’t to kick over. I checked all connections and nothing was out of place. The battery is 3 weeks old, but decided to put it on charge. Jump forward 6 hours, tried starting but would get a click sound from under the seat. Got out multimeter and it showed mid 13 so plenty of charge. Hit the starter and the bolts dropped to 7. Me thought hmm the old girl might have Coronavirus so she should go the hospital.

·
Administrator
27,851 Posts
I’m wondering about this
I've had to replace that assembly on a Yamaha before, a slightly different design but same purpose. I changed the starter at the same time, glad I did.

It did act similar to what you describe and I even considered raising it. Except that same symptom can be a failed starter or bearing or similar, or electrical circuit issue. Its far more rare for the Warrior's starter one-way assy to fail. I'm not remembering a single instance here, maybe others will chime-in.

I would exhaust other potentials first.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I’d rather it be a starter /clutch then engine problem. It was making an undesirable tapping/not knocking though. Gonna manually turn it over

81 - 86 of 86 Posts