RS Warrior Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
When I got the old girl back after it’s incident ( refer to looking for new tank ). She didn’t to kick over. I checked all connections and nothing was out of place. The battery is 3 weeks old, but decided to put it on charge. Jump forward 6 hours, tried starting but would get a click sound from under the seat. Got out multimeter and it showed mid 13 so plenty of charge. Hit the starter and the bolts dropped to 7. Me thought hmm the old girl might have Coronavirus so she should go the hospital.

·
Administrator
28,166 Posts
I’m wondering about this
I've had to replace that assembly on a Yamaha before, a slightly different design but same purpose. I changed the starter at the same time, glad I did.

It did act similar to what you describe and I even considered raising it. Except that same symptom can be a failed starter or bearing or similar, or electrical circuit issue. Its far more rare for the Warrior's starter one-way assy to fail. I'm not remembering a single instance here, maybe others will chime-in.

I would exhaust other potentials first.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I’d rather it be a starter /clutch then engine problem. It was making an undesirable tapping/not knocking though. Gonna manually turn it over

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
So I put on a brand new starter and I’m having the exact same results.
Not to fuel the fire, but you had several issues after rereading your entire post. In some cases questions asked by members were unanswered!
  • So exactly what issue are you having?

·
Administrator
28,166 Posts
Replaced that, **** I even Tried bypassing all that and went straight to the battery,Same result.
Replaced that and tried bypassing it. Same result. Bout to manually turn the crank.
Does this mean you now have an actual Warrior start relay, or still the Hyabusa relay? It seems possible your troubles are related to the start curcuit and to the charge circuit. Your replies to most questions asked are less than clear. I'm wondering if you might please start fresh with a new description of each of your specific repairs to this point and individual results. Plus a specific reply to each question already asked with your hands-on observations.

This is likely a simple two-issue problem that is afflicting the battery with regard to available cranking power. Or so it appears considering the lack of clarity in your information back to us. We are not there to see and hear. Your observations need to be calmly clearly and individually comminicated.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Does this mean you now have an actual Warrior start relay, or still the Hyabusa relay? It seems possible your troubles are related to the start curcuit and to the charge circuit. Your replies to most questions asked are less than clear. I'm wondering if you might please start fresh with a new description of each of your specific repairs to this point and individual results. Plus a specific reply to each question already asked with your hands-on observations.

This is likely a simple two-issue problem that is afflicting the battery with regard to available cranking power. Or so it appears considering the lack of clarity in your information back to us. We are not there to see and hear. Your observations need to be calmly clearly and individually comminicated.
When I ordered the expensive ass starter, I ordered the relay. Then swapped my battery out since it’s under warranty. I ended with the exact same results that I had in the video. I even connected it to the jump box again. Same results as in the video

·
Registered
937 Posts
Were you ever able to turn the engine over by hand?
When you try to crank it and the volts drop to 9, does the starter get hot? What about other wiring any of that get hot?
What battery are you using by the way? Chemistry and CCA?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
When I manually turn it over, it has a bad spot, even with a jack handle on the breaker bar it’s hard to get past it, turns smooth till it gets to that spot. Headed out to pick a motor up. Thanks for all the help. She will live again

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Nice...
So where u able to actually verify that motor in the Warrior was bad?.?

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've had to replace that assembly on a Yamaha before, a slightly different design but same purpose. I changed the starter at the same time, glad I did.

It did act similar to what you describe and I even considered raising it. Except that same symptom can be a failed starter or bearing or similar, or electrical circuit issue. Its far more rare for the Warrior's starter one-way assy to fail. I'm not remembering a single instance here, maybe others will chime-in.

I would exhaust other potentials first.
Is putting his hand up “starter motor”

81 - 100 of 107 Posts