RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I took the front rim off my 2009 warrior, brought it to the shop and had it replaced and balanced. I put the rim back on and had a hard time lining up the threads on the bolt that holds the rim into place. I ended up banging it with a hammer hoping to push it up to the threads then screw it into position. I thought this worked fine but when I used it the brake rotors were rubbing really hard. I went for a little ride hoping it would go into place but it didn’t and their was some steel shavings from the grinding near the brake pads. Does anyone know what I did wrong or should do now? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Are u referring to the Axle?.?

I would pull everything apart and inspect everything and also check the damage

And post some pics of everything so we can help u out.

Best of luck...

I learned form this old mechanic that when u reach for a hammer to fix or help fix something on a vehicle
That u should just drop the Hammer and walk away and clear ur head n than come back n access the situation..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Are u referring to the Axle?.?

I would pull everything apart and inspect everything and also check the damage

And post some pics of everything so we can help u out.

Best of luck...

I learned form this old mechanic that when u reach for a hammer to fix or help fix something on a vehicle
That u should just drop the Hammer and walk away and clear ur head n than come back n access the situation..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
^^^^ Yep, as Omar said...

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Hey, I just thought. Did you loose or forget one of the colors?
YOU should check. You don't have to remove the wheel to see.
I don't see how even hitting the axle would affect the brakes. But if your missing one of those parts it will cause the brakes to bind as it would be at an angle from being pulled in. The pic edited with orange arrows

Also, if you do have both there then check if you have a gap between them and the mounts on the forks where the axle goes through and where it screws in the other side as if the axle wasn't or couldn't be tightened to have the forks strait and perpendicular to each other.
That would cause the same reaction as a missing collor.
The pic edited with red is where a gap would be.

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Bradferd690;

-Another thing to check out is that the shop mounted the wheel/tire with the arrow stamped on the wheel rotating in the correct direction. I had this happen to me. They mounted the tire onto the wheel with the rotation arrow bass-akwards. The wheel can only go on one way or it will not line up and result in the rotors rubbing hard. Hope this helps. And as the fella's stated above, make sure that you indeed have both collars installed.
Rg

·
Premium Member
8,392 Posts
^^^^
+1 .. YUP sounds like the shop mounted the tire improperly. The Hex Hub faces the LH side. The front wheel is offset :)

Left Hand Side Shown Below:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts