RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya all i just wanted to know if anyone recognized the warrior i just bough. and would know who had it last and what all was done to it. i know the forks have been angled custom exaust, pcIII, custom paint, seat, unknown BAK and a big bore kit unknown type. just dont know it all and was curious if the original owner was part of this siteor if someone knew the guy, i live in san diego bought it from a shop out here? pics are in my gallery.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Sharp said:
Don't know the owner, but WTH is going on with your exhaust......... Never seen that before.
+1 on the exhaust and are those fog lights or directionals on the lower portion of the front forks?

·
Registered
692 Posts
06_warrior said:
Sharp said:
Don't know the owner, but WTH is going on with your exhaust......... Never seen that before.
+1 on the exhaust and are those fog lights or directionals on the lower portion of the front forks?

+1 do tell about the exhaust and the lights on the fork (I think those look pretty cool)

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
That exhaust came out I believe 3 years ago. There was allot of discussion about it. All said and done, there was no large performance gains, but it is great for catching road kill in the twisties.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well from what the guy at the shop told me the pipes we custom fabricated and that scoop on them i shollow and goes out the back he thinks it might have something to do with keeping the pipes cool i just think it looks bada$$. and those r fog lights on the front becaise he replaces the headlight bulb with a single filiment pulsating halogen bulb so there is no bright setting so when u turn on the fog lights they are angled up a bit to lighten up any road at night and they are bright. the blinkers are actually a strip of leds on the forks.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Wellcome dude! I've never seen the bike, exhaust, or that much red. It's like a red version of a midnight.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I really like the rims. Exhaust is unique, thats for sure. Fog/Brights are cool too.

On your Rear Fender Brackets, why arethe bolts sticking out so far? Did it come with a backrest or something you pulled off?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
first off yes you can see through the exhaust front to back, next the lights r on a bracket on the base of the forks. i like how the previous owner powdercoated the rims the only thing i need to fix is he used silver paint on the exhaust it used to be black so i need to figure out something there

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Give the exhaust to a powder coater. They can sand blast the previos owners paint off of it and then they can go ahead and powder coat it...

might I recommend.....

RED! lol

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
........ Are the front lights mounted on the brake hose stabilizing plate?
Mike ....I'm disappointed in you .... you have a short memory

Do you remember thinking out of the box
http://www.motolight.com/index.php?page=Home

As stated, they mount to the lower fork mounting bracket using the top caliper mounting bolt in this instance and they are pricey!

·
Administrator
29,703 Posts
Be disappointed all you want
I don't care (LOL).

Dragolazarus, from the pic I've inserted below, the mount looks like a block of aluminum?I have my lights already, andplan onmounting the lights similarly but need to avoidbigexpenses right nowso I'm always on the prowl for mounting ideas.

Are these the mounting brackets and I'm just not recognizing them because they are painted black or something?

http://www.motolight.com/pages/Installation/files/issues/issue_index3.pdf

dragolazarus said:
first off yes you can see through the exhaust front to back, next the lights r on a bracket on the base of the forks. i like how the previous owner powdercoated the rims the only thing i need to fix is he used silver paint on the exhaust it used to be black so i need to figure out something there

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you can see a better picture in my gallery and if you want tomorow when i get off from work ill take a close up pic of both brackets. i work graveyards so it would be around 8 am just let me know and ill take the pics. but we dont have adobe on my work compys so i cant lok at the link you provided

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
from what i know about the previous owner is he worked at a harley dealer once apon a time so he prolly got a discount on those lights but ya wow that is a bunch o cash for them but dont tell anyone or i might walk outside oneday to find them missing. (street only parking in my apt complex) yikes

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I like the exhaust, the tube on the side is to cause vacume and suck the exhaust out increasing the speed of spent gases from the motor increasing performance.Have never seen any dyno sheets with it and if it does work it wouldnt show on a dyno with the bike not moving.Nice bike

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
BJMartin said:
On your Rear Fender Brackets, why arethe bolts sticking out so far? Did it come with a backrest or something you pulled off?
That's the Easy Brackets docking hardware

davidd said:
$385 bucks for those fog lights!! My butt hurts for whoever bought them
Just my .02 - That's a completely engineered product that isspecific for the application because of the location of the assy and liability! There is nothinghalf a$$ about theproprietary 2-pcbracket that mounts to the caliper and it's a TurnKey Install with all the parts. Their detailedinstructions support the quality of the product IMO

·
Registered
861 Posts
Alan H, you are probably correct. Just alot of money for something that I wouldn't think would make that much of a difference.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can't identify this bike or some of the stuff that is attached to it. I'm not trying to knock your bike, but I'm curious to what the thinking was behind some of these mods. The exhaust is obviously noticed by all as are the lights on the front. I would like to know what is up with the block of stuff attached to the rear of the swingarm. Is it an overkilled license plate mount? What are all the wires for that are running down the top of the swingarm? What is the appendage that is sticking out of what appears to be the front of the frame on the left side?

Hurd, if it was a red version of a midnite, wouldn't there be a black stripe around the rims?.........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts