RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
I checked out the work, yes I do have the dot and don't believe they spliced the wire in. Everything under my seat looked moved when I got the bike back.that $40 they charged me was for oil, filter and drain plug gasket. It better not have only taken an hour seeing as they had the bike for almost a week! New England cycle center, out of Hartford Ct.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oeps,

I live in Gozo (malta), and i own the only warrior for miles around:), love it.
And now for the big one, need the tps (throttle sensor) replaced. So anyone how can
help out. (ordering?) thnks. 2005 midnight and yes stalls/idles to low:).

thnks a million

·
Administrator
28,191 Posts
Haha I hear you! At least they did the recall work correctly. Still sux about the oil charge.
Hope they are still without electricity . . . it serves 'em right.

I checked out the work, yes I do have the dot and don't believe they spliced the wire in. Everything under my seat looked moved when I got the bike back.that $40 they charged me was for oil, filter and drain plug gasket. It better not have only taken an hour seeing as they had the bike for almost a week! New England cycle center, out of Hartford Ct.

·
Administrator
28,191 Posts
Peter,

Have you tried Yamaha Italy yet? Sito Ufficiale Yamaha Motor Italia

This is the part you want for your 2005 Road Star Midnight Warrior
Throttle Position Sensor, Part Number 3P6-85885-00-00

Note:
Avoid old part number 5PX-85885-00-00 that was recalled.
It will probably be difficult in Malta to get it fixed for free.
This part number changes depending on the year of the Warrior.

Mike

Oeps,

I live in Gozo (malta), and i own the only warrior for miles around:), love it.
And now for the big one, need the tps (throttle sensor) replaced. So anyone how can
help out. (ordering?) thnks. 2005 midnight and yes stalls/idles to low:).

thnks a million

·
Registered
199 Posts
ALL yamaha dealers are reimbursed for oil, labor,shop supplies, parts & shipping/handeling from the factory. Its all listed in there reimbursment form they fill out after the work is performed. sounds like your dealer was scamming you.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Everytime I think about that dealership robbing me of almost $30 in oil it pisses me off even though it's almost a year ago. Part of me still wants to walk in there and demand a refund, they actually wrote "yamaha does not pay for oil" on my recall work order.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Awesome! If any one else got screwed out of the oil, they should take your lead and request a refund. Trust me, it doesn't look good for the dealer to be reported to mother yamaha for committing fraud. D.T.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Good to know about the oil, I was wondering about that. My 02 is in the shop right now getting three recalls done. The tranny, TPS and pick-up coils. Pretty rare to find an 02 without them done so I guess I was lucky, there is 10k on it. I'm getting the Roadie 5th gear put in too.

Madtom, I'm moving to Amherst, Mass at the end of May. I see you're not too far. Maybe we can get a ride in at some stage.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts