RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2002 warrior 2 weeks ago. 8 years ago I own a 2002 warrior and it had 2 to 2 exhaust. PcIII, and a k&n filter. To my memory that's all that was done to that bike. This new bike I have or new to me, has a V&H 2 to 1, Cobra fi2000, and that's all I know, except the heads have been taken off. The 2 main differences in the power of my old bike and my "new" bike is first at an idle my new bikes seems to really idle pretty rough, hit a lick, or what ever you call it. But sounds like it could have a cam in it. Maybe it's just me but a buddy of mine said the same thing. And the second big thing is in 1st gear at a 15mph roll if I Go WOT it will spin till I shift to second, and I can't recall my old bike ever doing that, plus I'm about 25lbs heavier than I was 8yrs ago. I know there is a million and one things that could be done to it, or does any of this sound normal? It has stock 200 rear tire.

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
Pull a left side spark plug & look at the top of the piston.
If it has a dish its stock if a dome it has over 10 to 1 compression.

Count the teeth on the drive pulley 32 = stock.

Look under the fuel tank for a Big Air Kit.

Idle rpm 950.

If your close to Chattanooga come on by I'll eyeball it.

Welcome to the 4m

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
welcome to the forum and remember that the search function is your friend. It is real hard to tell you what you have on your bike without being able to see it or hear it so any videos with sound or pictures will help us
also take a look at the gremlin link in my signature block

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Welcome aboard from South Florida.

Spinning tires can be a bad road, worn tire or just an old ass tire.

To get a lumpy idle can be as simple as a vacuum leak.

Did the previous owner tell you the heads have been off before? What else did he tell you?

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
+1 on what churchkey said.... Takes his suggestion's n check what he mentioned.... And get your post count up so you can post pics and that can help out in helping you.
And welcome from SoCal

Sent from my Z831 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx for the response

Pull a left side spark plug & look at the top of the piston.
If it has a dish its stock if a dome it has over 10 to 1 compression.

Count the teeth on the drive pulley 32 = stock.

Look under the fuel tank for a Big Air Kit.

Idle rpm 950.

If your close to Chattanooga come on by I'll eyeball it.

Welcome to the 4m
Thx for all the response, so as far as the idle goes once it is warmed up real good it idles at about 750, and the wheel spin in neither due to bad tire or bad road. The tire is fairly new, and the roads around here are in good shape ( due to our lovely Tennessee tax of .09% we have good roads for the most part lol) and my neighbor is kinda of a Motörhead and very detailed, and he seen where the heads were pulled off cause you can see where the heads have been taken off and you see the new gasket. I will upload pics at my next chance. The bike was at a dealership so I didn't get any info on what had been done. And I always looking for a good ride Chattanooga sounds like my next destination. I live in clarksville, or maybe we can meet on ypur side of Nashville and ride for a bit.

·
Premium Member
5,658 Posts
I would bump your idle up to at least 850. You don't get enough oil pressure that low.

I live in Clarksville too....
I run my idle at 850 rpm's and it does fine. Like LD said, below that and you run into oil pressure problems, plus the bike will die coming to a stop sometimes at the lower rpm's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My bike

Here's a video of my bike
Since I can't upload a link just copy and paste this

2002 warrior w/V&H 2 to 1 baffle removed

And it should be the first video, it's like 47seconds long

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
rcoligan hit the visual cues but impossible to tell if any internal work has been done from the outside. The warrior idles like that

1 - 20 of 21 Posts