RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
bingo. Most forums I've been on just automatically add "edited on xx/xx/08 at xx:xx" or something similar to show it was edited and then if you want you can add why but the way this software is now it's mandatory. I agree there should be something showing when a post is edited but I like the other way where it automatically shows the date and time better.

I just edited this post and of course had to add edit notes. I found out two things... One, you can't just add a space in the edit notes box which I figured you couldn't. Two, the edit notes aren't publically visible anyway. So... what's the point other then so mods can see them? Seems kind of silly and useless compared to other forum software that shows not only that a post has been edited but automatically shows when as well.

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
Marco Polo said:
So... what's the point other then so mods can see them? Seems kind of silly and useless compared to other forum software that shows not only that a post has been edited but automatically shows when as well.
FYI, the old forum software documented any editing automatically which was great.

That's why i commonlyquote when responding to a subject w/ the new software!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Very true Alan, I became aware quickly of how important it was to use quotes in some instances. That brings up another issue with this software though.... when quoting someone you can edit what they've said which is entirely ridiculous and I don't think I ever recall seeing that before on other forums. You can even edit the quote to appear to be from someone who doesn't even exist or isn't a member which can be fine if quoting a newspaper or whatever but is also a problem when it comes to libel and slanderous behavior.

Hilary Clinton said:
Peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time...

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
Marco Polo said:
Very true Alan, I became aware quickly of how important it was to use quotes in some instances. That brings up another issue with this software though.... when quoting someone you can edit what they've said which is entirely ridiculous and I don't think I ever recall seeing that before on other forums. You can even edit the quote to appear to be from someone who doesn't even exist or isn't a member which can be fine if quoting a newspaper or whatever but is also a problem when it comes to libel and slanderous behavior.

Hilary Clinton said:
Peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time...
Oh well .... i guessit's time for you to contact your insurancebroker to check your Personal Liability Coverage because of your exposure on the forum

J/K

1 - 9 of 9 Posts