RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Victoria BC, 馃嚚馃嚘

I started looking for a bike in 2018 when my wife split and took the little fun car. I noticed a 06 Warrior with 3K miles for sale and it was love at first sight with the fat tire, potato canon exhaust and chrome, but it sold quickly. Then one day a Warrior showed up in the parking lot at work and, when I tracked down the owner, we struck a deal and I purchased his mint 05 with 5K miles.

Now, after 2 years of riding, I can fully appreciate the handling and quality of the bike and realize I got lucky and made a good choice. Unfortunately I haven鈥檛 encountered another Warrior owner Since then so this forum has been a valuable source of information and entertainment.

I鈥檓 ashamed to admit this is my first post, so this is a step in the right direction, but I suppose I鈥檓 not truly a member until I鈥檝e modified something. I鈥檓 torn because, while I really like what many have done to their bikes, I can also appreciate Yamaha鈥檚 original vision and execution. It would be easier to start ripping things off if it wasn鈥檛 in such good original condition.

I wouldn鈥檛 mind downsizing the water heater but want to keep the dB鈥檚 reasonable. A VBAK makes sense but that may be an off-season project. I kinda like the occasional deceleration pop but I would like to get rid of the air box and scoop so an AIS block off is first on the list. Then we鈥檒l see.

Cheers, eh

Shel

Registered
Hey Shel, welcome to the forum from Australia. In the photo I noticed you have changed something, you got rid of that wife1 mod.

Registered
Welcome from Reno. No need to modify anything to be a member. You can change or leave the same anything you want. The Warrior is a **** fine bike completely stock. It looks like you have Yamaha TT bars on it already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts