RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering ifI can use my 0 gauge car stereo cable as the wire for bobber build.

The heavy duty motorcycle battery is like 2 ga. 180-amp rated copper-core cables. So I figured my car audio, which is way more flexible too, is better. Maybe 0 gauge is toobig?

Oh, I have the Red one pictured. I was thinking about using it as both the power and the ground cable after cutting it in half.

Also, do yall think this is a good idea putting a Voltmeter terminal (marketed for car stereos) on a bike?

My rigid framebobber has the battery exposed in plain view so I thought I'd hook this up to it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
coolcat2002 said:
Maybe 0 gauge is toobig?

Given that the less resistance in the start/charge circuit the better,0 gauge is really only "too big" IMO if it blows your budget or the cable diameter is too large to route it where you need to.

The voltmeter terminal probably has some bling factor going for it, but not something which I would spend money on. I like my gauges where I can see them while the vehicle is in operation, and most people don't put the battery between their crotch and the bars.
YMMV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts