RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may end up in the vendors forum but I'll make a question out of it anyways.

Has anybody had any experience with Cavalry Custom saddlebag supports? I just received mine (purchased off of e-bay), and I'm a bit dissappointed. They areconstructed well but the fitment/design is very poor. The spacing on the fenders is fine. It's the depth of the front mount that needs some work. It doesn't clear the fender stay. Basically I would have to add nearly a 1/4" of washers to get the thing to mount properly. The resultis likely the bags won't be square on the bike.

I plan on hard mounting my bags again (recently got taken off but a truck doing an illegal u-turn). I'll try to get some pics but is MC enterprises intelligent enough to recognize this and prevent it? I'm not going to bag on Cavalry Custom too much until they have a chance to correspond but I'm pretty dissappointed. I'm no engineer but this isn't rocket science either.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
I had the same problem when I ordered one of their sissybar/racks. I had to use a couple of stainless washers to space the side supports out far enough to clear the fender stay. I wasn't impressed with the finish either, but having ordered it from the states, it was too much trouble and expense to send it back. I now have a sissy bar/rack that spends more time in the garage than on the bike, it only gets mounted when I've got luggage to carry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts