RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm wondering what carnee,s reason for closing post on cd was.ive been on a lot of sites(totallyamaha.com)and others were this doesnt seem to be a problem also what about kaza,i also talked this over with my brother (attorney)and he didnt see any legal problems forum could get into.i wanted to download cd and donate saving to forum as i did with my rx1 cd download.

*Moved to Site news and comments by CarKnee

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Page 2 of the service manual:

quote:
All rights reserved.
Any reproduction or unauthorized use
without the written permission of
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.
is expressly prohibited.

Is this clear enough?

I would like the manual to be part of the site just as much as the next guy, but I dont have written permission!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess; but i think the legal ramifacations lie with the owners of the bootlegged copys not the forum, or yahoo or any other search engine that gave you access to kaza would be in trouble???i know totallyamaha left the download up for several weeks with hunderds of copy's being burnt and nobodys been visited by fbi yet.oh well at least a few were lucky.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Napster didnt have the files on their servers, they just gave people a way to get it. Kaza is just as guilty as napster, and I would be just as guilty too.

There are people on the forum that have the CD. Email them to get it. This forum can not have links to the file.

Until I get written permission from Yamaha it will be this way. I am not taking chances.

Thanks,
CarKnee

·
Registered
173 Posts
bushpilot: are you willing to incur the litigation fees that the maintainers of rswarrior.com would incur should a copyright suit be filed against them?

Like CarKnee said, there are folks who post here who have the CD. Do a search using the search function to find out who.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wondered how long it would last before it was yanked. Lots of people downloaded it you may be able to put a request for a copy in the wanted section. Sorry I can't our server has a transmission max of 4mb.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
It will be yanked when I see it.
No requests allowed! If a request is made it will be deleted.

End of story.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts