RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by RatPhlem

"Gerry_The_Hun" was already taken...

1.)I take this for a joke, although it hurts a bit.....
2.) I already explaned the origin of my username
In the early 70's (1970-74) I used to hang around with a group of motorcyclists from the nearby city of Lahr/Germany where we had a canadian airbase. Some of the canadian guys had jeans-jackets with their name and "logo" sewn on the back. I was very impressed and very sorry, that I could not compete with their dress. My nickname with the group war Gerry, since the candians had problems to pronounce my real name. On one of those days I could lay my hands on an old Minnesota-Vikings t-shirt. I cut out the vikinghead and my mother sew it on the back of my jacket.
From this day on I was "Gerry the Viking".

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Gerry - you are NOT a "dumb kraut" (I am mostly German and Austrian by ancestry myself). Send a message to CarKnee and I'm sure he'll change your username.

PS - Sorry about the "Hun" thing - I thought it was funny... If you ask my wife - she'd say I'm mostly "Hun" myself. ...or is that "Hung"? [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Gerry_Viking

quote:Originally posted by metrickkruzer

Maybe he conquered Germany?
.....they also discovered America - and might be your ancestors [8D]

Not me...I'm Native American![/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

Vikings were conquerers......just a little joking man![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Everyone tries to lay a claim they discovered America. We were already here since the beginning![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] Columbus, Americus Vespoopi, and all the others just visited a already populated nation.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts

@ Darkstar
Sorry, did I make this posting in the wrong forum ?
(Forgive a dumb "Kraut" struggling with the english language)
No, not an issue Gerry...this is the correct forum...I myself am of Norwegian Decent and Native American Indian and that is just my fathers side of the tree......[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
10,536 Posts

quote:Originally posted by metrickkruzer

Not me...I'm Native American![/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]
You mean you are of indian-descent ?

Native American Indian.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] Cherokee.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

The original Cherokee Country before the Eoropean Invasion was in Kentucky, Tennesee, South Eastern W.Va., Eastern Virginia, Eastern North Carolina, Eastern South Carolina, North Eastern Georgia, and Northern Alabama.

[url="http://cherokeehistory.com/map1.html>http://cherokeehistory.com/map1.html

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Hey metrick does that mean you can read the roadsigns in cherokee, NC? I'm mostly 'Merican Injun (Cherokee) as well and can't read a word of it. Ah yes the American Indian, fighting domestic terrorism since 1492...

·
Registered
106 Posts
...and of course from Denmark and Iceland also...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

quote:Originally posted by swederswrider

There were Vikings from Sweden as well...[8D]

quote:Originally posted by DarkStar

I thought Viking were from Norway.......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts