RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any advice or quirks I need to be aware of when taking out my rear tire? Needing a new one and got my new one in. Im going to take it off and take it to a tire shop to change the rubber. any special tools needed for this? anything i need to be aware of either in removing and reinstalling? I might try it tonight after work.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
pretty straight forward. make sure you mark or measure your belt tensioners so you can be sure to put it back the same way it is now. Looks like you have the v/h bigshots on your bike. Getting at the axel bolt may require right sized box wrench. I know with mine its either take off the exhaust (so Ican use sockets)or use a box wrench. Got to loosen the brak caliper mounting bolt as well so you can roll the tire out of the caliper (then make sure you don't touch that rear brake pedal).

This may be obvious, but make sure the stealer puts the tire on the rim correctly. The tire has a rolling direction arrow on it, which should match up with the rim.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
tape the rim onthe right side where your brake caliper is as you willneed to slide it up in order to work it off the rotor, if your not very careful you'll scratch the wheel, i had to learn the hard way

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Removing the pulley is easy. Lay the wheel down with the pulley up with the wheel secure between your ankles, grab the pulley with both hands and pull as you rock it back and forth. It's simply a press-fit set-up that is easily removed and reinstalled.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Yes, one more. Send that wheel out to be widened and go "phat" with a DIY modded swingarm.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Yes, one more. Send that wheel out to be widened and go "phat" with a DIY modded swingarm.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Take note of what I said at this link that whajac posted above.

Not only is it less work , but I found it is almost impossible to align the adjusters properly if you move them and by misaligning them once I managed to injure my drive belt so that it snapped under heavy use.

Best not to touch the adjusters if you don't need to!

And be very careful of the brake caliper hitting the rim ...it is very easy to mar the clearcoat on the wheel.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
southboundchicken said:
tape the rim onthe right side where your brake caliper is as you willneed to slide it up in order to work it off the rotor, if your not very careful you'll scratch the wheel, i had to learn the hard way

Can I highlight the I had to learn the hard way.
Cause that is exactly the way I learned. [:'(]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts