RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a good engine machine shop in this area? Need a396 Chevy block decked, line bored & cylinders over bored & honed with deck plates. Rods resized etc.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I have used Roberts & Sons to do some head work for me back in the day. I bet you didn't know that I use to tinker with engines in my younger days did you. Bet you thought I wass just another pretty face didn't you.There use to be a place just across the line in Georgia that most of therod builders use but I cannot remember their name. I have a couple of hot rodders that work with me I will see who they recommend.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Race engine design in Georgia is the one I was trying to think of. The guy in the office with me recommends Roberts and Sons. He has a 39 chevy that he drives all over the country and they did his engine work.A lot of the perfomance guys go to race engines though.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Woody,
I have a friend here in Martinsville, IN that has been building racing engines per customer specs for a few years now. he must be pretty good because swamped with orders.. He can do it all. Let me know if you'd like to check him out and I'll hook you up.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Pep but its to far away. It would cost me 500.00 for fuel for the truck to round trip it twice.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
If you need me to check on omething for you I will be glad too. I go by Robert and Son everyday. Just let me know how I can help.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Randy, 'preciate the offer. The owner is waiting on a set of main caps to arrive & I can get started.

Warriordog, I owe ya.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts