RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This by far is the cheapest mod yet and I am pretty happy about it. Wanted to ditch the pillon and roll with just the stock solo seat (I can hear my girlfriend now, where am I supposed to ride!)

I've seen that a couple folks removed the pillion seat and filled the holes with plastic plugs. So I went to Autozone on a mission. Found the plugs but also found some cool anti-theft fasteners. The best part about these fasteners is that they are shaped pratically identical to the Kuryaky stilleto grip ends and pegs ends I have, I got them and the plastic plugs and got busy.

Stock pillion is now off and I test fit the two anti-theft fasteners to make sure they would work and they fit right in the hole and bolt up from the bottom. Need to run back to Autozone and pick up two more so that i can fill all four holes, will probably also get some rubber grommets to place between them and the fender to keep the paint looking sharp should I ever decide to take them off and give the girlfriend a ride.

Posted pics in my gallery, the fasteners were 2 for $4.99 and some with the wrench to tighten them up. Nothing earth shattering, but I think it's gonna look pretty darn good. Whadya think?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Quick question....

about how long does it take you to get the pillion seat off? And apporximately how long to put it on?

My wife ride OCCASIONALLY and I put onthe Sissy bar and Belt Guard Top when she is going to go. If it isnt to much longer to put on the pillion seat, I could go Solo till she wants another ride.....

·
Registered
926 Posts
The cheapest mods are free. You spent $10 whole dollars. Do you think that stuff grows on trees?

I personaly prefer the stealth look of the plugs on a midnight. But if you got to put some bling on, those fasteners will do the trick. It is a pretty close match to the grips.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took less than 2 min to get it off, 6 bolts all 10mm. 2 bolts hold the pillion to the front bracket, once you get them out the pillion lifts off and there are two brackets to the fender with 2 bolts each, take the four of them off, polish the dust off the fender and you're good to go

Just reverse the steps to put it back on. The nuts that the bolts for the two brackets thread into are welded to the inside of the fender so you don't have to reach under with a wrench to install or remove. VERY easy to put on/off

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
antitech1 said:
The cheapest mods are free. You spent $10 whole dollars. Do you think that stuff grows on trees?

I personaly prefer the stealth look of the plugs on a midnight. But if you got to put some bling on, those fasteners will do the trick. It is a pretty close match to the grips.

Yeah it'll be pabst and top ramen for a while to re-coup wad of cash I dropped on this one

·
Registered
996 Posts
Nice mod Brennan, definately your own custom touch.
Now when are you going to lose that waterheater and live up to your signature.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim I've got brand new pipes and a PCIII sitting on the floor of my living room!!! It's killing me that I don't have a lighted workshop. Gotta wait til Sunday so i can spend the daylight hours ditching the water heater. I'll post up pics when I'm through.

By the way shouldn't you be on the WCW tahoe run?

·
Registered
996 Posts
NorCalWarrior said:
Jim I've got brand new pipes and a PCIII sitting on the floor of my living room!!! It's killing me that I don't have a lighted workshop. Gotta wait til Sunday so i can spend the daylight hours ditching the water heater. I'll post up pics when I'm through.

By the way shouldn't you be on the WCW tahoe run?
Awsome,sounds like you'll be ridin with a bigger grin on your face this sunday.

I'm leavin sat. morning with Warriordude and Tomasa, my boy's had football games thurs,fri. couldn't miss those. Lookin forward to ridin with you again soon.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
NorCalWarrior said:
Posted pics in my gallery, the fasteners were 2 for $4.99 and some with the wrench to tighten them up. Nothing earth shattering, but I think it's gonna look pretty darn good. Whadya think?
Looks great. Do you know the AutoZone part number, for fastners? Thanks for posting this info.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TECK, I did a search on Autozone.com and looks like autozone uses the same P/N printed on the front of the packaging.

Bell Anti-Theft License Plate Fasteners P/N: 45915-8, price on website listed as $4.99

1 - 11 of 11 Posts