RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that everyone knows this but check your air pressure before you ride. I got the warrior out to put some gas in her and discovered that the air pressure was very low. The front tire had about 15 psi and the back had 20 psi. Just a friendly reminder from your neighborhood Preacherman.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Always a good idea. I have some of those thingies that replace the normal valve stem cap, that visually reflect tire pressure. They are green when all is good. They turn red if 10%(3 - 4 lbs) pressure is lost. It's nice to be able to tell, at a glance, that tires are good. I still check them here and there just to be sure that the valve stem thingies are actually doing their job.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Never heard of those, where can i get them?

papawheelie said:
Always a good idea. I have some of those thingies that replace the normal valve stem cap, that visually reflect tire pressure. They are green when all is good. They turn red if 10%(3 - 4 lbs) pressure is lost. It's nice to be able to tell, at a glance, that tires are good. I still check them here and there just to be sure that the valve stem thingies are actually doing their job.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Cyberdon said:
Never heard of those, where can i get them?

papawheelie said:

I got em at advance auto parts. if I remember correctly they came as a set of 4. two for my bike two for the wifeys

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I ended up trying some of those green/red indicator caps and wasn't impressed. They seemed to slowly leak and if I recall correctly they had to go down too far before showing anyway. It could well have been the particular brand I picked up (bought them at O'Reileys I think) but I put my chrome caps back on and just keep the gauge handy enough to remind me to do it every so often.

Thanks for the reminder Preacher, I was about to head out on the wife's bike and she won't hardly ever check them so I worry about her.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Thats how our buddy "10psi" got his site nick-name. he said the bike felt a little sloppy in the corners and as he sat on it, From the back I could see it looked a little soggy....so we put the tire pressure guage to it and.....YIKES!!...10psi, course it had ZERO TREAD either but that another story for another day.

I used to kind of snicker when my brother in law would check his air before every ride. Lesson learned!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Marco Polo said:
I ended up trying some of those green/red indicator caps and wasn't impressed. They seemed to slowly leak and if I recall correctly they had to go down too far before showing anyway

Ditto - here in the uk, had them on the bandit and they slow leaked so no info from them!!...

Marco Polo said:
Thanks for the reminder Preacher

.....got a decent michellin inflator ..set pressure plug into car and off it goes... nearly £50 here in uk!..but does inflate a flat tyre in 3 minutes ..not bad

Here in the uk the pressure machines at garages are always broken!! and the long handle stem they supply so cages can pressure up, don't like getting into bike wheels!!... so back to DIY

Just for uk guys...went to watling tyres ...my local good place, and they quoted £165 for '200' bridgestone 020 rear [£23 of that was fitting] with bike ridden in to them to do

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
tomba said:
Just for uk guys...went to watling tyres ...my local good place, and they quoted £165 for '200' bridgestone 020 rear [£23 of that was fitting] with bike ridden in to them to do

That sounds a bit rich Tom. I think I paid about £120 for an Avon Storm rear ride in ride out. That was from Micheldever Tyres down here in Hampshire. They are hard to beat on price and they are fitted by bikers who understand and respect your bike.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Very important, and a good post as well. I usually check mine before each ride its amazing how you can forget and put a guage to it and find it has dropped 3-8 lbs.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Badger said:
That sounds a bit rich Tom. I think I paid about £120 for an Avon Storm rear ride in ride out. That was from Micheldever Tyres down here in Hampshire. They are hard to beat on price and they are fitted by bikers who understand and respect your bike.

cheers bob..yes he did blanch when he told me the price ...i've only had 020's for the last few years..you rate the avon obviously, so i'll see what that comes out at or you may be getting a visit sooner than you'd hoped lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts